Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure others have had this issue...the Performance Page went missing today.
There is a “U” with 2 lines above it where the Performance Page’s short cut was.
I click on the “U” and it tries to load like the page did but nothing happens?
Everything else seems to be working fine and I’ve been in and out the car a couple times today and it’s still happening?
I did a search but couldn’t find anything exactly like my issue or a solution …… except waiting 24 hours…..what’s up with that?

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
I think an update just rolled out and if you happen to take a short trip while this happens, you might experience issues if the install doesn’t complete. Try cycling the battery and going for a long drive. Or just wait like you said.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah this has happened to me twice now since owning the TH and the last one was a few days ago I just let it sit overnight and magically it fixes itself.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - called Uconnect 877-855-8400, and after 15 minutes on hold the nice lady told me this was a known problem with their systems, to drive the car normally and in a couple days the Performance Page should come back. If I wanted to try cycling the system on / off to to get it back faster; start car and let everything boot up for a couple minutes then shut off and open driver door for 1 minute, repeat till Performance Page comes back…..but she couldn’t say how many times it would take. On a positive note she did say it was a free app which comes with the car and there were no recurring charges for it…..I guess we get what we pay for.

·
Banned
391 Posts
Sounds like I lucked out.
When taking the Challenger out to warm up the oil in preparation for an oil change... performance pages wouldn't load.

Changed to oil, and while driving some 200 feet back to the garage, they loaded.
This may well be because it was outside instead of in the garage, giving the cell phone connection a chance to do its thing.

·
Banned
362 Posts
The PP on both my TH's have done some funny things a few times. I just waited a day (overnight) and they seem to magically fix themselves.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have lost PP more than a few times. I tried calling the help number and was told it was normal when updates are pushed. It would be a bad day if someone was at a track day and actually needed them to work?

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I put 300 miles on the hawk today with probably 10 start/stop cycles and the performance page never came back?
Maybe tomorrow?

·
Banned
362 Posts
I'm pretty sure when mine went crazy, they "recovered" overnight. Maybe a couple of nights since I don't always drive it everyday. But I've never seen it recover during the day while driving around, starting and stopping, etc.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Final Update – After a week of traveling in the hawk, many miles and numerous on/off cycles no luck with Performance Page coming back. This morning sitting in the driveway and hitting the “U” symbol which use to be in the Performance Page app short cut location the Uconnect called the Uconnect customer service. The nice lady told me that the Performance Page was in fact part of a “paid” service which my 1-year free trial had run out and for $19.95/month plus fees I could get it renewed. I hate recurring charges so I told her no thanks and it appears I will no longer have access to PerformancePage……but I believe I’ll learn to live without it with no issues. After the call I did try disconnecting the battery and resetting everything but it still didn’t come back. Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to all!

·
Banned
362 Posts
The nice lady told me that the Performance Page was in fact part of a “paid” service which my 1-year free trial had run out and for $19.95/month plus fees I could get it renewed.
I didn't know that! I had my first TH for 18+ months before I traded it in on a new one. Never paid any subscription fee and I still had the PP's.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
I don’t think the lady knows what she’s talking about. That’s pretty much par for the course with FCA. It really seams to be a joke of a company.

·
Banned
391 Posts
I don’t think the lady knows what she’s talking about.
Agree. Two plus years later, without paying for anything but Sirius (which is obviously a completely separate thing), the performance pages still work on my Challenger.

Now there's other stuff (Uconnect) that needs a subscription to function, but that's also different.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nah, 2+ years later I haven’t paid them a cent and mine still works.

Certain services of Uconnect require a fee, like the app. Not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts