Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will preface this post by saying that the times below would likely never be able to duplicated by me or anyone else at a 1/4 mile drag strip.

So early Saturday morning (just after 6 AM) I took the Trackhawk out in the following conditions: 23 deg F. When I ran the conditions in a DA calculator it was approaching -2,700'.

My Trackhawk was full weight (including a Graco 4 in one baby seat). I was running 1/4 tank of Shell V Power (93 octane). The only mods I have are a Green drop-in air filter and Vibrant 1794 resonators replacing the suitcase muffler (I also cut out the crimped section of the exhaust).

The road where I do all my testing and datalog is a 1/2 mile straight out in the woods with a 1.3% decline over the quarter mile section I normally use (per my vbox/GPS datalogger on previous runs done for other vehicles). This "private road" is less than 15 minutes from my house and the engine oil was able to get up to 170 deg in the drive over, while the air intake temps were 68 deg.

I put the car into Track mode. I did not use launch control. I foot braked the throttle up to 1,200 and then left off the brake and mashed down the throttle. I did not hear or feel any wheel spin. I could feel the Trackhawk clawing for traction. My only regret was not running my vbox simultaneously to validate the GPS data against the Performance Pages.

Attachments

·
Banned
362 Posts
So early Saturday morning (just after 6 AM) I took the Trackhawk out in the following conditions: 23 deg F. When I ran the conditions in a DA calculator it was approaching -2,700'.

The road where I do all my testing and datalog is a 1/2 mile straight out in the woods with a 1.3% decline over the quarter mile section I normally use
Did you make runs both ways? I wonder what effect (if any) the 1.3% (or 17 to 18') incline/decline would have in the 1/4? Are those numbers from a run up the grade or down? My best on a GPS verified flat track is 0-60 3.0 sec, and 11.2 @122 in the 1/4. The coldest days of the year are coming up very soon so I hope to beat my best...

Regardless, impressive numbers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you make runs both ways? I wonder what effect (if any) the 1.3% (or 17 to 18') incline/decline would have in the 1/4? Are those numbers from a run up the grade or down? My best on a GPS verified flat track is 0-60 3.0 sec, and 11.2 @122 in the 1/4. The coldest days of the year are coming up very soon so I hope to beat my best...

Regardless, impressive numbers.
That data was running on the 1.3% decline. It probably significantly impacts the 0-100 time, trap speed and 1/4 mile ET more given that it probably hits 60 mph in 160' with only a foot or two of drop.

·
Registered
218 Posts
**** impressive! I've noticed on the in car HP dyno, I'm making significantly more power when it's below 70 deg out. Like 40whp or so more it seems and you can feel it for sure.

Reactions: Tom C

·
Banned
362 Posts
My best on a GPS verified flat track is 0-60 3.0 sec, and 11.2 @122 in the 1/4. The coldest days of the year are coming up very soon so I hope to beat my best...
Well the air temps got down into the low 20's (f) this morning and the "track" I use is only 10 mins away. 0:) Made at least 10 runs and I was able to"match" my best numbers twice but couldn't beat them no matter what I did. I started with 3/4 tank of gas and 32 psi tire pressure. Unlike my first TH, I'm getting my best numbers in track mode. On my third or forth run I had a ~95% power cutout on the initial launch for about 5 or 6 seconds. WTF! It didn't throw any codes and it acted like it was flooded for a few seconds.... Anyway I made another 6 or 7 WOT runs in various modes and it didn't happen again and I hit my best numbers on another one or two of those runs. The difference between the runs was 1 or 2 tenths and 1 or 2 mph. Pretty consistent.

I've only got about 6k miles on this vehicle so I guess I'll wait to try for "my" record runs again when it's got another 10,000 miles or so. I didn't see my best numbers with my first TH until I had over 20k miles on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the air temps got down into the low 20's (f) this morning and the "track" I use is only 10 mins away. 0:) Made at least 10 runs and I was able to"match" my best numbers twice but couldn't beat them no matter what I did. I started with 3/4 tank of gas and 32 psi tire pressure. Unlike my first TH, I'm getting my best numbers in track mode. On my third or forth run I had a ~95% power cutout on the initial launch for about 5 or 6 seconds. WTF! It didn't throw any codes and it acted like it was flooded for a few seconds.... Anyway I made another 6 or 7 WOT runs in various modes and it didn't happen again and I hit my best numbers on another one or two of those runs. The difference between the runs was 1 or 2 tenths and 1 or 2 mph. Pretty consistent.

I've only got about 6k miles on this vehicle so I guess I'll wait to try for "my" record runs again when it's got another 10,000 miles or so. I didn't see my best numbers with my first TH until I had over 20k miles on it.

My Trackhawk was around 7.6K miles and with the cold air, the tire pressure drops to 30 psi in the morning even in the garage. So maybe with the 15 minute ride (10 minutes were at highway speeds) they may have gotten up to 31 psi. I may go back Saturday morning (supposed to drop to 27 deg) and do what you suggested, run both ways to see how it averages out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
what the heck is wrong with this website that I still cant see photos!!!??? No answer from site admins on my trouble ticket.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what the heck is wrong with this website that I still cant see photos!!!??? No answer from site admins on my trouble ticket.
It is funny, your signature has a few of the same cars I have owned over the years:

‘09 FBO Nissan GT-R
‘09 CTS-V
‘02 E39 BMW M5

If you can’t see the pic, here are the results:

60’: 1.47s
0-60 mph: 3.0s
0-100 mph: 7.0s

1/8 mile: 7.0s
1/8 mile trap: 99 mph

1/4 mile: 11.0s
1/4 mile trap: 123 mph

What is weird is that I took the picture immediately after and that is showing the 1/8 mile in mph. Now when access my best time in PP, it is showing the 1/8 mile trap in kmh = 159 kmh.

·
Banned
362 Posts
What is weird is that I took the picture immediately after and that is showing the 1/8 mile in mph. Now when access my best time in PP, it is showing the 1/8 mile trap in kmh = 159 kmh.
My 2018 TH did the same thing. Sometimes the the 1/8m speed was in mph and sometimes in kph on the PP's... Never figured out why it would change. My 2019 stays in mph....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update: did another run in the same spot this morning. It was 29 deg with a calculated DA of just under -2,000’. I was running just over 1/2 tank of gas. I was also running a mod that I am testing. I don’t want to go into just yet but it is probably not adding more than 25-30hp. But the purpose of my post was to verify just how accurate the Performance Pages timer is in comparison to my vbox GPS datalogger.

Per PP:

60’: 1.68
0-60: 3.0
0-100: 7.0
1/8: [email protected] 100
1/4: 11.1 @ 124 mph

Vbox:
60’: 1.7
1/4: 11.1 @ 124.6mph

·
Banned
362 Posts
Update: did another run in the same spot this morning. It was 29 deg with a calculated DA of just under -2,000’. I was running just over 1/2 tank of gas. I was also running a mod that I am testing. I don’t want to go into just yet but it is probably not adding more than 25-30hp. But the purpose of my post was to verify just how accurate the Performance Pages timer is in comparison to my vbox GPS datalogger.

Per PP:

60’: 1.68
1/8: [email protected] 100
1/4: 11.1 @ 124 mph

Vbox:
60’: 1.7
1/4: 11.1 @ 124.6mph

Whatever the mod is it seems to be helping since 11.1 @ 124 is the best I've seen posted for a stock (or near stock) TH. I guess the point to argue is when does a mod make it an unfair comparison to stock.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts