Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine takes forever. Is there an update from FCA on this ? i vaguely remember reading about an update but i don't totally recall.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Here's what I've learned about the PP's over the four SRT's & TH's I've had in the past four years. Don't try to load the PP's right after you start the vehicle. If you do, the load times will vary greatly and sometimes they won't load at all. It's best to wait about 5 mins after starting the beast. Maybe even a little more. Then they'll consistently load in about 15 to 20 seconds, although I've never actually timed it. Works for me....

·
Banned
391 Posts
Speaking of performance pages, today I noticed that with the gauges on (I like keeping track of oil temp and such), I can't change the radio station on Sirius.
It works in the Challenger, but not the 'Hawk. Is it just me, or is that normal?

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Speaking of performance pages, today I noticed that with the gauges on (I like keeping track of oil temp and such), I can't change the radio station on Sirius.
It works in the Challenger, but not the 'Hawk. Is it just me, or is that normal?
yea you have to exit the PP then go back to it after you do the change. maybe if you use the wheel controls you can stay on PP? not sure dont bother me enough to look.

·
Banned
391 Posts
yea you have to exit the PP then go back to it after you do the change. maybe if you use the wheel controls you can stay on PP? not sure dont bother me enough to look.
Uh, oh. I do not like using the steering wheel controls.

Well, I never have used them on purpose, but have ended up changing something when in a left turn, steering with my leg while putting the seat belt on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
interestingly enough. shortly after i made this thread i got into my truck and it took 34 seconds for the whole thing to load.

then 5 minutes later i tried it again and it took 4 seconds.

so.....i guess the first time it loads when the vehicle starts it takes longer.

weird. i would think it'd be somewhat instant as that's how everything else is. Makes little difference in the scheme of things.

·
Registered
124 Posts
interestingly enough. shortly after i made this thread i got into my truck and it took 34 seconds for the whole thing to load.

then 5 minutes later i tried it again and it took 4 seconds.

so.....i guess the first time it loads when the vehicle starts it takes longer.

weird. i would think it'd be somewhat instant as that's how everything else is. Makes little difference in the scheme of things.
The only thing consistent with any SRT is inconsistency. lol

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Uh, oh. I do not like using the steering wheel controls.

Well, I never have used them on purpose, but have ended up changing something when in a left turn, steering with my leg while putting the seat belt on.
lol me either dont even know what they do. I only know it changes channel as I hit it on accident the other day also.

·
Banned
391 Posts
That's two of us that don't know what they do.

I had them change something in my Ram 1500 when I (us usual) put the seat belt on while in a lazy left turn behind the garage. Took me a while to figure out what had happened...actually, I probably didn't until it happened a second or third time.
I've since learned to wait with the belt until the driveway straightens out.

In that one I wanted to convert those buttons to up and down shift buttons. The painfully small ones on the front of the steering wheel are all but impossible to hit on a twisty road. Haven't got around to changing that, if it's even doable.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
I think they’re super helpful once u learn how to use them. Of course my other car has different controls so there’s that. I wish TH had HUD, it just accelerates so quickly that I can’t take my eyes of the road.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I think they’re super helpful once u learn how to use them. Of course my other car has different controls so there’s that. I wish TH had HUD, it just accelerates so quickly that I can’t take my eyes of the road.
I'll admit, other than more HP, (there's never enough) I'd like to see a HUD in the TH... I had one in my last few Vettes and they were great.

·
Banned
391 Posts
I wish TH had HUD, it just accelerates so quickly that I can’t take my eyes of the road.
In my case it's not only during acceleration. I drive too fast not to constantly be on the lookout for curves, wildlife, road imperfections, cops, etc.

That's why I dislike touch screens so much - can't operate those without looking at them.
Realistically I should like buttons on the steering wheel for that reason, but I prefer reaching for a knob or switch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts