Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I used Livernois S1025 but I had no choice no one local did tuning. I live in CA they ran all the good performance guys outta here with the rules and regs. We are lucky we have one of the best in the nation for LS motors and thats most of my cars so I cant be to upset.
good luck do your homework dont listen to one guy look at them all. I will say I am happy with my tune but I have the 305 pulley. Anyone having issues are running smaller ones trying to get every HP they can. I also notice guys just dont pay attention to their cars. If my CEL comes on I am finding out why I am not going fast anymore until what ever it is is fixed no matter what. I just read a thread were a guy had CEL but yet still decided to hammer it. Guess what his motor popped. I dont care what the CEL was for I would not do that until that light is off and all issues are fixed.
Once you mod your on your own if it pops dont expect anyone to fork over a penny. If they do your lucky. use the best fuel you can learn to check your plugs and dont be scared to not go fast until you make sure you can.

lol I just went on a giant rant sorry I just tried to spit out what ever I could hoping something will help you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used Livernois S1025 but I had no choice no one local did tuning. I live in CA they ran all the good performance guys outta here with the rules and regs. We are lucky we have one of the best in the nation for LS motors and thats most of my cars so I cant be to upset.
good luck do your homework dont listen to one guy look at them all. I will say I am happy with my tune but I have the 305 pulley. Anyone having issues are running smaller ones trying to get every HP they can. I also notice guys just dont pay attention to their cars. If my CEL comes on I am finding out why I am not going fast anymore until what ever it is is fixed no matter what. I just read a thread were a guy had CEL but yet still decided to hammer it. Guess what his motor popped. I dont care what the CEL was for I would not do that until that light is off and all issues are fixed.
Once you mod your on your own if it pops dont expect anyone to fork over a penny. If they do your lucky. use the best fuel you can learn to check your plugs and dont be scared to not go fast until you make sure you can.

lol I just went on a giant rant sorry I just tried to spit out what ever I could hoping something will help you
I appreciate the feedback. I know cordes performance in AZ from their LS/LT builds and I may check then out for this. They have built a couple hawks now.
What power range are you at with the 305 pulley?

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I didnt dyno but I will guess just under 1000 Crank HP. its 100% insane neck breaking fun. I dont even think I could tell the difference if I had a smaller pulley I know they are faster but Im safer. I also have the CAI and mid pipe delete. So maybe 1000?
what gas is in AZ? even if 93 oct Id probably still do the 305 pulley just to be safe. but I am also not a track guy or even grudge racer I just see you on the streets and we race guy lol i dont even care if i loose. wont happen but dont care if i do. My buddy has new ctsv with all the bolt ons i walk him like he has a civic other guy has Z06 2018 same thing. they smoke the tires I launch hard

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Oh and the number 1 mod you 10000% need is the FI Interchiller and SC spacers. I love that mod. I have all 1000 HP on any day at anytime. no super charger heat soak to rob me of power. best mod by far. Id do it even on stock TH. you in AZ your gonna loose 100 HP after your first pass.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
Yeah, don’t get me wrong. Livernois has plenty of very hardcore customers. To the point of you’ll likely get bashed if you say something anti. Like I said in my PM, find some you like, and then do proper research. Try to find someone with something Negative about each one, then pick the least negative. The Livernois guy Andy seem to have a very unique understanding about spark plugs. Maybe he knows something no other tuner knows, maybe not. Maybe it’s specific to his tuning style. Idk, If I knew that much about it, I’d just do it myself. Also, ANY kind of warranty work might be difficult if you modify the engine. Not just the Powertrain related Stuff. Depends on your dealership.

·
Registered
415 Posts
There is a shop called SRT Autoworks in AZ. I'm waiting to get info from them as I type this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice so with the 305 pulley and all you’re still at around 800+ that’s is pretty sick. Is your sc and snout ported?

I’m thinking about running meth to lower IATs and to boost octane. We only have 91 here in the part of AZ that I live. And cordes performance also has an ice tank that is compatible with the leg maker intake. So something else I’m looking into. And I’ll look into srt autoworks here in AZ as well.

@lilhemi I agree.thats why I am trying to do all my research before I pull the trigger on the hawk that way I can have it sent directly from the dealer. I’m hoping a window issue or infotainment or electrical will not be voided because I modified the car. So let’s see.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you really want to keep IATs low with out the hassle and expense of Meth or adding ice, the interchiller with the addition of spacers and thermal blanket are the way to go. I'll let your research prove that. Lots of knowledge at Bondurant since you are that close. Buy a leftover '18 to save some cash, get the performance driving school included and learn from the experts and then put all the savings into mods... That's what I would do if I did it over again. Just my .02

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you really want to keep IATs low with out the hassle and expense of Meth or adding ice, the interchiller with the addition of spacers and thermal blanket are the way to go. I'll let your research prove that. Lots of knowledge at Bondurant since you are that close. Buy a leftover '18 to save some cash, get the performance driving school included and learn from the experts and then put all the savings into mods... That's what I would do if I did it over again. Just my .02
How does the inter chiller work? Sorry again I’m just used to meth from my z06 so I’m pretty familiar with how it works.
And Bondurant is by Phoenix right? Are there still new 18s for sale out there? That’s insane. What’s the difference between an 18 and a 20?

mans any word on srt AUTOWORKS? I saw a few builds on fb and noticed they use Barth for tunes. I had a buddy who didn’t have a good experience with Barth on his hellcat at the track and had to go to HHP to get the issue resolved so I’m kind of nervous regarding that angle.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
How does the inter chiller work? Sorry again I’m just used to meth from my z06 so I’m pretty familiar with how it works.
And Bondurant is by Phoenix right? Are there still new 18s for sale out there? That’s insane. What’s the difference between an 18 and a 20?

mans any word on srt AUTOWORKS? I saw a few builds on fb and noticed they use Barth for tunes. I had a buddy who didn’t have a good experience with Barth on his hellcat at the track and had to go to HHP to get the issue resolved so I’m kind of nervous regarding that angle.
Interchiller is def the way to go. the IC lines hook up to you AC. it pumps ice cold water in there. I play games with it all the time. I turn it off let it get high do a pull then turn it on wait a minute and do another pull its like adding NOS. the HP robbed from a Super Charger in AZ heat will be worse then here in CA.
they also have SC spacer. you should look it up the spacer is a gasket now also besides moving the SC away from the heat. so much more info you should look it up

Interchiller | FI Interchillers

you will hear good and bad with every damn tuner out there. Some are harder to please then others - the tuner might mess up - the parts might mess up - so many things and so many different personality's everyone will have good and bad.
find someone close as possible talk to them research them and go for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interchiller is def the way to go. the IC lines hook up to you AC. it pumps ice cold water in there. I play games with it all the time. I turn it off let it get high do a pull then turn it on wait a minute and do another pull its like adding NOS. the HP robbed from a Super Charger in AZ heat will be worse then here in CA.
they also have SC spacer. you should look it up the spacer is a gasket now also besides moving the SC away from the heat. so much more info you should look it up

Interchiller | FI Interchillers

you will hear good and bad with every damn tuner out there. Some are harder to please then others - the tuner might mess up - the parts might mess up - so many things and so many different personality's everyone will have good and bad.
find someone close as possible talk to them research them and go for it.
The more research I do, it seems like these bastards get heat soaked like crazy. So I’ll look into the inter chiller and or spacer and thermal blanket.
What’s your guys opinions on meth? I ran it on my Vette and it was awesome. Kept IATs real cold and the added octane was awesome. May help with the lack of 93 octane in my area? Thought? Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your willing to ship to Illinois you can’t go wrong with Satera Tuning or Barth Tuning.
Out of the original 3 you mentioned. I’d go with Demon not that there is anything wrong with HHP, I just have no experience with them. I have dealt with Skip at Demon on my blown WK1.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If your willing to ship to Illinois you can’t go wrong with Satera Tuning or Barth Tuning.
Out of the original 3 you mentioned. I’d go with Demon not that there is anything wrong with HHP, I just have no experience with them. I have dealt with Skip at Demon on my blown WK1.
Yeah I’ve heard good things about Barth but a good buddy of mine had a real bad issue with his tuning and that’s the reservation I have with him.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah I’ve heard good things about Barth but a good buddy of mine had a real bad issue with his tuning and that’s the reservation I have with him.
Natural for everyone to blame their tuner for issues. Not saying he is perfect by any means, as every tuner has made mistakes. Was just throwing my .02 out there as I have never had an issue with Barth. He has been doing my work/tuning since 06.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Natural for everyone to blame their tuner for issues. Not saying he is perfect by any means, as every tuner has made mistakes. Was just throwing my .02 out there as I have never had an issue with Barth. He has been doing my work/tuning since 06.
Agreed. And I wasn’t trying to argue bro. I was just saying one of the reasons why I was skeptical. I’m sure everyone has their bad days. It just sucks when it hits close to home is all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts