Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Awesome, congratulations!

If you're looking for power mods, there are some good vendors here. Livernois Performance, OST-Dyno, etc.

Paul with PK Auto is a newer supporting vendor, and he hooked me up with my 3 modifications: wheels, Borla S-type cat back, and Eibach lowering springs

You know the drill on what you can, and can't do, as far as voiding powertrain warranty, and whether that is even a concern for you or not. :) I have modded _every_ vehicle I've owned (well, except my wife's... she would not be happy with that) for more power in the last 25 years, _except_ this one. I've had mods sitting on my garage workbench before the car even arrived. LOL So I consider myself a true hot-rodder. But, I've left this one stock for just over a year of ownership. It's just that good of a vehicle in stock form, and I no longer race at the dragstrip. I'd love to throw a 100whp at it, as I know the engine will handle it easily with good tuning, but the transfer case in these is not always holding up to the abuse, so I'm a little wary.

Good luck, and post some pics. :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome, congratulations!

If you're looking for power mods, there are some good vendors here. Livernois Performance, OST-Dyno, etc.

Paul with PK Auto is a newer supporting vendor, and he hooked me up with my 3 modifications: wheels, Borla S-type cat back, and Eibach lowering springs

You know the drill on what you can, and can't do, as far as voiding powertrain warranty, and whether that is even a concern for you or not. :) I have modded _every_ vehicle I've owned (well, except my wife's... she would not be happy with that) for more power in the last 25 years, _except_ this one. I've had mods sitting on my garage workbench before the car even arrived. LOL So I consider myself a true hot-rodder. But, I've left this one stock for just over a year of ownership. It's just that good of a vehicle in stock form, and I no longer race at the dragstrip. I'd love to throw a 100whp at it, as I know the engine will handle it easily with good tuning, but the transfer case in these is not always holding up to the abuse, so I'm a little wary.

Good luck, and post some pics. :cool:
So, what's your thoughts on the s-type from Borla? Big change from stock? Looking to do this next.
Chris

·
Registered
412 Posts
So, what's your thoughts on the s-type from Borla? Big change from stock? Looking to do this next.
Chris
Hey Chris, do a search for a recent write-up I did on the Borla.

I really like it. I've had it almost a month and it is as advertised... zero drone. Start up and full throttle is just notch above stock in noise level and aggressive sound, and cruise is great. It is not obnoxious _at all_, and I'm way past my "boy racer" days of thinking loud all the time is great and "what drone?" when it makes your ears bleed. LOL

I cannot say it provided more power. If it did, on a 700hp, 5400lb vehicle, it just isn't noticeable. But I'd do it again anyway.

Fitment is great. I am using the stock exhaust tips, and may not get any from Borla. I think it looks good like it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Chris, do a search for a recent write-up I did on the Borla.

I really like it. I've had it almost a month and it is as advertised... zero drone. Start up and full throttle is just notch above stock in noise level and aggressive sound, and cruise is great. It is not obnoxious _at all_, and I'm way past my "boy racer" days of thinking loud all the time is great and "what drone?" when it makes your ears bleed. LOL

I cannot say it provided more power. If it did, on a 700hp, 5400lb vehicle, it just isn't noticeable. But I'd do it again anyway.

Fitment is great. I am using the stock exhaust tips, and may not get any from Borla. I think it looks good like it is.
Awesome! Will do - Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great looking garage and congrats on the Trackhawk.
Since you have a Demon, you already know how easy this platform is to get to 1,000 without a sweat. the ability to put its power down versus its brother is what makes this car amazing along with its stealth look.
I did the S1025 package from Livernois and really happy with the results.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts