Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Just picked em up! Shocked I was first one in CO :grin2:
right? i have tried so many different plates and almost anything I could think of was taken and every way to spell it. DMV is not letting anything shady go by anymore either. My buddy has "S MY D" on his Ca plates for about 20 years now. I tried to get "FKN FAST" they said nope lol

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
That 7th digit really helps but Lil Hemi was my first thought. So hard to have personal plates without being a total D bag about it. Glad u got what u wanted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right? i have tried so many different plates and almost anything I could think of was taken and every way to spell it. DMV is not letting anything shady go by anymore either. My buddy has "S MY D" on his Ca plates for about 20 years now. I tried to get "FKN FAST" they said nope lol
Now that is weak sauce there! "FKN FAST" would have been awesome! >:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That 7th digit really helps but Lil Hemi was my first thought. So hard to have personal plates without being a total D bag about it. Glad u got what u wanted.
It actually hit me today that the plates are super easy to remember. Have to keep an eye on that speed limit more often :wink2: Too many people call the hotline here from what I have heard.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is so true about memorable plates. Sort of like having racing stripes on your car. Looks cool, but lowers the effective speed limit by about 10 mph.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In OK you get to submit 6 choices and they go down the list until an acceptable one is available. If you don’t end up with an acceptable option you still lose your application fee. Dumb... I got my number 5 choice “URLUZIN”. You’ve really got to be creative these days with the rules and so many people getting them.

Another dumb OK rule is I still have to keep my original issued plate in the car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It actually hit me today that the plates are super easy to remember. Have to keep an eye on that speed limit more often :wink2: Too many people call the hotline here from what I have heard.
A few years ago I tried to call in a drunk speeding erratic driver in FL. He (“we” for me to keep up) was going so fast the dispatch had to keep transferring jurisdictions and they never intercepted us. He got away.

On another count, erratic and speeding, I did the same thing and when the Sherrif pulled her over he couldn’t issue her a ticket because he didn’t witness anything and they can’t go on your account or even a video. “They” have to witness it and a video could be supporting evidence but cannot be the only evidence. She was given a warning.

I’ve given up on trying to be the good semeritan, it’s not worth the effort. Can’t beat em, join em.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Bluehawk that is a sweet looking plate and very surprised you got it congrats that's sweet. Working in the industry I see alot of cool custom plates and it's very neat to see all the other state backgrounds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts