Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Personal preference, but most people just run a boost reference adapter on the side of the supercharger lid such as this >>> Hellcat/Demon Boost Reference Adapter

Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

The pressure sensing Hobbs switch connects to this adapter and triggers the KB BAP to do its think when boost 5 psi or greater. Nothing really wrong with this location, as many use the adapter successfully and can attest to, but you are technically moving the black TMAP sensor out of the direct air stream that I wanted to avoid doing so. Plus my engine compartment setup is both for show and go so I wanted this connection hidden.

Others simply drill and tap the back of their supercharger lid while building their engine for a hidden boost reference port. However both of these options are in pre intercooler locations and I wanted my boost reference to be after the intercooler bricks sensing the actual boost going into the engine. So I drilled and tapped my supercharger housing while I had it off. Totally overkill but I am comfortable with that. 馃槈

Note the supercharger is upside-down in this photo so my BAP fitting actually ends up on the passengers side after the intercooler brick and just above the supercharger spacer plate.

Aluminium foil Household hardware Automotive tire Gas Foil

Here is the right side up view of the boost reference fitting and hose.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

I was able to mount the Hobbs switch to the driver's valve cover and hide it under the plastic valve/cover plate for optimum visual/show appearance. 馃槈

You can also see my ethanol gauge content sensor installed parallel to the fuel crossover line as to not restrict or starve the driver's side cylinders of fuel.

Registered
2018 red trackhawk. Full bolt on. E85. Interchiller. Throttle body. Upper&lower pully. Spacers
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Right on looks like your truck enjoys your time on er! Are you interchilled? Any good gains out of wrapping the lines? I see pretty outrageous numbers already for what I think and only have a stage 1? Just now finally wrapped the headers so hopefully it will be even better.

As always thanks for the write up! I ended up going with the jms. Seems to have a lot of variables for activation. And ramp in voltage. And really the only one i could find in stock haha. I'll keep the page informed on how this one goes for me.

Finally got the parts and putting her back in this weekend.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Shipping box Wood Font Gas Rectangle

Registered
Sucks you are going through this but great news your parts are now on hand, what is the displacement going to be?

Good idea on the BAP addition.I know you are rebuilding your engine, but 100% have your tuner make the necessary changes for the BAP or you may be doing all of this again soon if you don't. 馃槈

Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
Double G which sensor for ethanol? I鈥檓 about to get the Demon one and Skip tells me it鈥檚 a pretty quick install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
Great info. I'm considering ordering the set up that Demon Performances uses. I havent seen any pictures of it, but I believe its a bypass as well, and uses a Bluetooth sensor for the Fuel It app on your phone.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts