Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had my new 2018 TH for two days. On the freeway at reasonable speeds (only because of traffic) I've noticed that if there is uneven road camber the TH seems to move 2 or 3 feet on its own, left or right, with no steering input whatsoever. It's a bit disconcerting. No, the lane change warning system is off, it has nothing to do with that.

Anyone else have a similar experience? When going perfectly straight the wheel is turned about 10° to the right, so there is a slight alignment problem. But that doesn't explain the isse I am having. It's not necessarily dangerous as you correct for it without thinking, but it doesn't seem normal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am currently waiting for my 2019 TH to arrive once production fires up in August so I can't honestly say I have a TH that behaves the same way. With that being said though I do have 2014 SRT that behaves what I would describe the same way. I have often described it as pulling ruts, as it will perform that way most commonly on roads with grooves or rut like channels in the drive lanes. Will be interesting to see how many people say the same, but hopefully this eases the worry some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to know you've experienced the same thing. If it's normal, no problem. It is certainly fairly subtle and perhaps some people would't notice it. Hopefully, others will chime in.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
1,931 Posts
Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing. I thought it was the lane assist acting up. I didn’t have this issue on my 14 limited, also didn’t have the lane assist.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have not experienced that. Nor on my '14 GC SRT.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I noticed the steering wheel fighting me a bit right when I first got it, but soon realized it was just the lane assist. It seems more like a lane change resister as opposed to an assister, so I don’t use it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've just had my new 2018 TH for two days. On the freeway at reasonable speeds (only because of traffic) I've noticed that if there is uneven road camber the TH seems to move 2 or 3 feet on its own, left or right, with no steering input whatsoever. It's a bit disconcerting. No, the lane change warning system is off, it has nothing to do with that.

Anyone else have a similar experience? When going perfectly straight the wheel is turned about 10° to the right, so there is a slight alignment problem. But that doesn't explain the isse I am having. It's not necessarily dangerous as you correct for it without thinking, but it doesn't seem normal.
Have your axle but checked ASAP. I had that same problem. 26 days later, fixed. Loose agile nut that got progressively worse. Had to replace axle, knuckle, hub, bearing, break sensor. Plus FCA replaced my pzerros (and 2 payments).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my TH in June and I have the same
Issue with the steering wheel it’s to the right just alittle bit. It hasn’t drifted lane to lane but definitely a alignment issue. I’m gonna have my mechanic check out the alignment nuts like the other guy said. Hopefully I don’t need a alignment also.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Seems to be a lot of issues with these trucks. I am in midst of litigation for lemon law with mine for pretty much every issue that has been brought up on this forum. Really sucks as there is nothing else like it on the road. I checked out Range Rover supercharged and it doesn't even compare. I was hoping mine was a lemon and I could get a new TH, but it is starting to look like everyone is having issues. I feel bad for all the guys who have done mods that void their warranties. I do well, but spending 100k on a car that I have to pay for repairs on is not something I want to do!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Seems to be a lot of issues with these trucks. I am in midst of litigation for lemon law with mine for pretty much every issue that has been brought up on this forum. Really sucks as there is nothing else like it on the road. I checked out Range Rover supercharged and it doesn't even compare. I was hoping mine was a lemon and I could get a new TH, but it is starting to look like everyone is having issues. I feel bad for all the guys who have done mods that void their warranties. I do well, but spending 100k on a car that I have to pay for repairs on is not something I want to do!
They say never get the first iteration until all bugs have been figured out. That's not this group - we are the first to grab new technology, cars, etc. So, we understand not everything will be perfect with the first iteration but with these beasts, the daily driving fun is overrides the frustrations. At least for me anyway.

·
Registered
695 Posts
They say never get the first iteration until all bugs have been figured out. That's not this group - we are the first to grab new technology, cars, etc. So, we understand not everything will be perfect with the first iteration but with these beasts, the daily driving fun is overrides the frustrations. At least for me anyway.
We did so because part of us was in shock it even became a reality.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dodge/Chrysler has a habit of putting things out to market too fast and having issues. I could have spent 100k on a lot of cars and not had these issues. Don't let them off the hook so fast!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dodge/Chrysler has a habit of putting things out to market too fast and having issues. I could have spent 100k on a lot of cars and not had these issues. Don't let them off the hook so fast!
They aren't off the hook and from the sounds of most issues, FCA is taking care of them as well as the owners. You may have spent $100K on several other vehicles but none with this power and that's why you went with the TH. Most issues will rid themselves over the course of the year and the 2019/2020 TH will be closer to perfect.

·
Registered
44 Posts
FCA hooked me up. Took 3 weeks to get a new hub and knuckle, but they gave me 4 new pzeros and $2,800 for loss of use/missed fun. Other than some idiot forgetting to tighten one of my axle nuts, no issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts