Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
362 Posts
Performance page pic from my stock Trackhawk. (Not modified into something else). Notice the outside air temps on my post and the post above from TrawkMike. These things really like cold air.
I've never tried to "top it out" but I've run it up to the 140 and 150 range a number of times.

Note, the 1/8 mile speed is in kph, for some reason.

Attachments

·
Banned
362 Posts
Helluva number, Car-Guy. Thanks for posting, even though I live near the beach in SoCal and it never gets that cold here.
I've learned over the years to get my best times/speeds, it needs to be done in cold weather and these Hemi's seem to like it better than most. I don't even try for "my best" runs anymore when it's over the mid 40's (f). I'd estimate about .1 sec is lost for each 10 degs of air temps after about ~40 degs until about the mid 90's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thinking he wants HIGH scores guys.

164 here at night otherwise I might have stayed in it.

Once you get above 130 the truck takes a longgggg time to add more MPH. I let a friend of mine do this and it is surprising how much more comfortable you are at those speeds when your foot is not the one on the gas pedal! From the passenger seat it felt very planted.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Wow, that's not for me. I'm a nervous passenger. I'd rather do anything behind the wheel than be in the passenger seat when it's being done.
I've been high 190s plenty of times, and a best of 202 mph behind the wheel (top speed magazine testing) in a Ferrari and loved it. All depends on the car. A Viper at 160+ is plenty scary. A Ferrari is easy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow, that's not for me. I'm a nervous passenger. I'd rather do anything behind the wheel than be in the passenger seat when it's being done.
I've been high 190s plenty of times, and a best of 202 mph behind the wheel (top speed magazine testing) in a Ferrari and loved it. All depends on the car. A Viper at 160+ is plenty scary. A Ferrari is easy.
Showoff! Lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Agree - 1,000% - I am a terrible passenger - for sure behind the wheel.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm fortunate to be able to drive the Autobahn twice a day. The TH is a brick above 160 but will do the advertised 180.
From the dig, no doubt many of us have seen 3.2s stock.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All posts are assumed to be on a closed course.

There’s way more to go, this was a 55-when I chicken out pull. I don’t have the right tires for high speed on right now either.
158 is impressive, still bugs me out seeing a SUV travel that fast.

Highest for me is 132 and I felt I could have kept going. Got up there fairly quick and surprised me when I looked down hah!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now that I’ve modified, I can’t be on the gas for more than a few seconds before I’m doing triple digits. It didn’t take long to go from 55 to 158 either. I’m sure 180 would be only been a few more seconds but I didn’t have the nerve.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Now that I’ve modified, I can’t be on the gas for more than a few seconds before I’m doing triple digits. It didn’t take long to go from 55 to 158 either. I’m sure 180 would be only been a few more seconds but I didn’t have the nerve.
Sounds intense! What mods have you done so far to give you more power?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts