Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a new forum member but a 50+ year car enthusiast (owned/driven everything from the 30’s up through 60’s Vettes, GT350’s, Cobras, etc).

I’m pushing 70 years old and the characteristics/capabilities of a Trackhawk (fast, comfortable, cargo capacity, towing, 4 whl traction, etc) is looking REALLY attractive to me.

I’ve been searching locally and on eBay and there seems to be a ton of TH’s for sale, many with only 1200 to 2500 miles, some brand new. At last count, 26 on eBay alone.

The number of TH’s for sale with low miles seems to be substantially more than other performance vehicles (Z06 vettes, ZL-1 Camaros, Shelby’s, etc). I’d much rather buy a TH than any of those cars, however, I’m curious why so many TH’s (with so few miles) are up for sale?

Is it because of owners are tired of the payments, the insurance cost, warranty/maintenance problems, the performance, or ?

Thanks for the guidance/opinions…

·
Registered
65 Posts
- no rhyme or reason for that , imho-
it is without a doubt, an amazing ride...16 months later..and 27k miles..i am still in "wow" mode..
does it all..checks off all the boxes....go grab one..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I suspect that this kind of vehicle grabs the attention of very impulsive buyers, who then quickly move on to something else. There's also some that bought it as a daily driver, but then can't resist driving it in a manner that returns 6 mpg and can't afford the $400/mo fuel bill.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Only reason I could think is what Nebor said. One of a kind vehicle attracts the impulse buyers who soon have an impulse to buy something else new and exciting. After 15 months and 10,000 miles I love mine as much as the first time I drove it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought mine with 1,800 miles and 6 months old....it was exactly as I would have ordered a new one.....it was also a company car traded back in....I suspect "father" found out what "son" had bought for his company car and was told to get rid of it.....I've put a Livernois s975 package and 4,000 miles since then and couldn't be happier.....plus saved $15k in the process.....no issues.

·
Registered
412 Posts
John,

I echo all my fellow owners here... this thing does check off the boxes. It is fun to drive fast, fun to cruise in, and is a very flexible vehicle in terms of being an occasional people/stuff mover. Like you, I've driven a lot of sports cars/performance cars. Still have a couple in my garage, and as great as they are, I drive the TH more than anything else.

If you can go in understanding you will get lousy gas mileage (I'm ~11+ typically, 90% city driving... on extended highway I will see 16-17) even in bone stock form, then you will love it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had mine since last October and it's been an absolute blast. No problems with it whatsoever. I came from a '14 SRT and it's basically that truck turned up to 11. I had always lived in an apartment and I have to have an SUV for work, travel, etc. so having a jack of all trades beast SUV like the SRT/Trackhawk was perfect for me. However, I bought a house last year and now that I have garage space I've seriously been considering selling the Trackhawk and getting a cheaper SUV as the family hauler for when I need it and having a separate toy (perhaps one that doesn't weigh 5000+ lbs and get 11mpgs) to use as a daily. The other thing for me is that I'm seriously getting the mod itch, so I either need to go down that path or sell it. I can't speak for everyone's situation because the all in one monster that is the Trackhawk might be perfect for some. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll actually go through with selling it, but if I do, I know I'll miss the hell out of it.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
The trackhawk is an amazing piece of engineering the power numbers they make but also staying reliable its extraordinary. We have dozens of customers that do anything from the s900 all the way up to the s1250 package and still drive them everyday in fact i had a customer call us just to say how amazed he is. He did the s1025 package and drove his trackhawk from from up north by Pennsylvania to Florida while towing 2 jetskis there and back and didn't have a issue. That is amazing also @Eubster when ever you ready to upset some feeling you know who to call :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you watch the email list for the last six months they have always been 25 to 30 trackhawks for sale with short miles on no miles. Most of those are either returned leases or leftover Vehicles because the number of people who are willing to spend $100,000 for a new trackhawk are less than was the original estimate by FCA and therefore there were leftovers. The manufacturer FCA I think I underestimated the number of people willing to spend the money to buy these vehicles. The average person has a problem understanding why a quote Jeep close quote is worth a hundred thousand dollars. But if you drive one you'll understand and until you drive one and you realize what it's like to drive such a vehicle you will not understand and all of the accolades will not help you. Go drive one and likely you'll be hooked good luck. R

·
Banned
362 Posts
I'm in the same age group as the OP and I have had a similar HP car ownership history. I've had 4 new Vettes in the past 20+ years (Camaros before that). Then a coupe of GC SRT's until the TH came out.

I didn't realize there were a lot of low mileage TH's for sale. (Really?) Maybe the cost/payments has newer buyers getting out of them since they are 30 to 40k more than a Vette? Maybe it's the gas mileage since they get about 10 to 15mpg less than a Vette? Maybe because they aren't nearly as cool looking as many HP cars like Vettes, (but then they shouldn't have bought a TH to begin with)

For me, ~18mos and 40k miles later and I would not go back to Vettes. When I was younger, I didn't care as much about luxury and comfort. I just wanted performance. Now I want it all, and the TH has it.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Im against the grain here I dont think it was a cost thing at all. I bet half of them were driven by the managers or owners of the lots some might even be test drivers? then you run into the guys that bought it and it wasnt flashy enough for the cost so they dump it for a range rover or what ever. lets face it the track hawk is pure bad ass power thats it. other then that you get no status most "regular" car buyers are after. this is for someone who wants the power. But I still think most are driven by the owners of the car lot then up for sale. It has also been a year some guys like me cant keep a car longer then a year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's also not "early termination" of leases...THAT cost a small fortune to get out of, aside from the depreciation...
ps- there is no "status" from most peeps..other than car enthusiasts.. you can park next to a 35k grand cherokee ..and the differences are not noticeable to the general public..

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's also not "early termination" of leases...THAT cost a small fortune to get out of, aside from the depreciation...
ps- there is no "status" from most peeps..other than car enthusiasts.. you can park next to a 35k grand cherokee ..and the differences are not noticeable to the general public..
Which is _exactly_ why I like it... and my ZR1 Vette too. Except for real car enthusiasts, no one knows/cares that it is any different from the base model vehicle. So it is definitely _not_ for the person who purchases a car so everyone will stop and stare. But it is absolutely respected by car enthusiasts, who are of like mind as I am.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Love the car and I would suspect many bought it and couldn't afford it. Mine has been tweaked with Livernois to an S1025 and I love bullying my friends with supercars ;).

·
Registered
37 Posts
I echo comments above. We bought ours from the owner of the dealership (4 months old). Many were bought for the "wow" factor but they were not true enthusiasts in the long term. Good for us given the discounts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts