Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about buying a Trackhawk for a daily driver. The low mpg doesn't scare me, but I'm kinda OCD about the engine revs when I'm just cruising along. I have a couple other vehicles that have the ZF 8-speed auto transmission, and I like it. I'm hoping that the revs are not too high with the Trackhawk. I had a short ride in a Trackhawk a week ago by someone I met at a Cars & Coffee event, and he was nice enough to take me out for a ride in his Trackhawk. I didn't think to ask him about the revs at highway speed. I was sort of just in amazement with how docile and not loud it was in the parking area, and then how insanely fast it was when he got heavy on the gas.

The dealers in my area have No trackhawks in stock. One dealer at a distance (50-miles away) has a few Trackhawks, but they will not allow any test drives.

I'm hoping a couple people here can tell me what revs (rpm's) you're seeing at 60mph and at 80mph when just cruising along. If you know the revs at 90mph and 100mph, that would be helpful too. But the most common highway speeds for my daily drive are around 60mph and 80mph.

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
As soon as you know one you can calc everything else ((Known Speed RPMs/Known Speed) * Target Speed = Target Speed RPMs). Tire size changes very little by speed, every other ratio is a constant. You'll have more error reading the analog tach than you will from the drive train variables, trust the math :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I doubt anyone who owns a TH will think the gearing is too low for quiet/low rpm highway driving.

As others have posted the speed/rpm data, I'll just say that you can rest assured it's a pussycat until you nudge the gas pedal.

The TH is a great setup, at all speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.