Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if the power stop brakes fit on the OEM calipers and rotors and if so could i have amazon links for them . Thank you

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Z26’s on mine. I love them!
Buddy

·
Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Been more than a few people saying the powerstop pads don’t fit correctly. There must’ve been some kind of manufacturing change because mine fit with no problem. I’d go with the Z36 if it were me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Big bite, brake feel, and stopping power improvement after I switched from stock pads to the PS Z36 pads all around. Had to bed them in aggressively, but that’s how I always do my track pads on my track cars.

My front ones had to have the stainless shims trimmed to make them fit. Rears were fine out of the box. Good pad choice for the $.

One of my rear pads squeals when cold (sub freezing temps now in MN). Noise goes away after the pad warms up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Big bite, brake feel, and stopping power improvement after I switched from stock pads to the PS Z36 pads all around. Had to bed them in aggressively, but that’s how I always do my track pads on my track cars.

My front ones had to have the stainless shims trimmed to make them fit. Rears were fine out of the box. Good pad choice for the $.

One of my rear pads squeals when cold (sub freezing temps now in MN). Noise goes away after the pad warms up.
Same! Z36s all around since last June. They are great! Just a slight squeal in the colder weather when I back out of the garage and then all quiet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My power stop Z-23 pads squealed pretty good backing out of the garage in the cold.

Last week I applied brake caliper grease to the back of the pads and pins and no more squealing.

Reactions: Tytek

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ll have to grease my right rear pad some more. It is the only one that vibrates at low frequency when cold at parking lot speeds resulting in a squealing noise.

On the up side, I get virtually no brake dust now on my black matte rims and on the yellow calipers. Pretty cool side benefit, for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts