Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Powerstop brake pads

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Nando707 
#1 ·
Well it's time for me to replace my brake pads and everyone has suggested Powerstops. For those of you with them, which number has been the best for the TH (Z23's or Z26's) and how many miles are you getting out of them?

#10 ·
BTW, be careful who you buy from. Particularly, DO NOT BUY THEM FROM AMAZON. I had to send them back twice because they were relabeling the box to say Z203-6006. Those are what the (older) fronts should be. The rears are going to be Z23-1053. I put mine on right after buying my Jeep because I can't stand the dust. These are WAY better. Just know that they do not bite as hard as the Brembo's. I do get a little bit of squeaking backing out of my garage but that goes way before I get out of my Driveway.

#12 · (Edited)
I recently installed the z36 pads in my trackhawk. I reused the factory hardware and made sure to use plenty of anti seize on the backs of the pads.

As of recently I’m getting a groaning/rubbing noise in reverse which disappears when I apply pressure to the brake pedal.

The other issue I’m experiencing since the temperature has changed is an odd shudder /bump when coming to a complete stop. Not sure if this is even brake related, but noise only happens when braking.

Any ideas? I’m going to take everything apart this weekend but was curious if anyone had any additional things I could check for.

#13 ·
The only thing I get is a slight squeal from them in the morning when backing out of the garage and then all is fine. I do get a clunk from the pads when I am going from reverse to drive and then slightly hitting the brake.

Reactions: Nando707
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.