Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had PPF applied to about 3/4 of the TH as well as a ceramic coating. I also installed the new badges as I feel it should have come from the factory. All badges are factory Mopar. So much better than stock.

Attachments

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
653 Posts
Very nice! Love the badges!!

How long did it take to install the front one?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice! Love the badges!!

How long did it take to install the front one?
I would say it took about two hours to modify and install. The backing plate had to be cut down a bit more than half thickness and then block sanded little by little until it would snap securely and snugly. It took a lot of patience. I was able to remove the ACC trim and get my arm in behind the grill to install it. It really piched my arm but I avoided bumping the ACC unit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It,s a jeep not a hellcat.
Yes, it is a Jeep. But it is also a SRT Hellcat.

I don't know why FCA chose not to advertise what's under the hood outside of the "Supercharged" lettering on the side. Another questionable decision was not giving the Trackhawk a unique badge - it essentially shares its branding and badge with a completely unrelated model (the Cherokee Trailhawk).

I see both sides here. I like the OEM look, but I dislike the lack of identity. I've actually purchased an American Brothers Design SRT Hellcat badge (with a yellow Hellcat to match the calipers!) to replace the rear Trackhawk badge, but I haven't installed it yet because I'm still on the fence. I'll probably eventually pull the trigger through ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well Dodge wanted to keep the SRT and Hellcat logos and distance the Jeeps from SRT.

So we are the Red Headed stepchild of FCA/SRT

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it is a Jeep. But it is also a SRT Hellcat.

I don't know why FCA chose not to advertise what's under the hood outside of the "Supercharged" lettering on the side. Another questionable decision was not giving the Trackhawk a unique badge - it essentially shares its branding and badge with a completely unrelated model (the Cherokee Trailhawk).

I see both sides here. I like the OEM look, but I dislike the lack of identity. I've actually purchased an American Brothers Design SRT Hellcat badge (with a yellow Hellcat to match the calipers!) to replace the rear Trackhawk badge, but I haven't installed it yet because I'm still on the fence. I'll probably eventually pull the trigger through ;)
That was my thinking as well. Jeep has a SRT Grand Cherokee so why not badge the Trackhawk a SRT Hellcat just like the Challenger and Charger as the Hellcat nomenclature is clearly not isolated to one FCA model just like SRT. I wanted mine to look bespoke and to look different from a Trailhawk.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Beautifully done! I completely agree that the Trailhawk logo which came first was a bad template for the TH! The ONLY benefit as-is, is the “sleeper” factor.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautifully done! I completely agree that the Trailhawk logo which came first was a bad template for the TH! The ONLY benefit as-is, is the “sleeper” factor.
"Sleeper" factor? Not so much with the billboard sized "supercharged" badging down the side. Lol!

I do admit it was interesting to see folks stand and stare at my Trackhawk when it was completely debadged. They couldn't figure out the quad exhaust and yellow brakes.

Of course, I had two ladies, who were driving an older overland edition GC, look at my Hellcat badged TH in utter confusion the other day. That makes me giggle. It made my day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just had PPF applied to about 3/4 of the TH as well as a ceramic coating. I also installed the new badges as I feel it should have come from the factory. All badges are factory Mopar. So much better than stock.
How did you get that srt hellcat logo from mopar for the fromt grill? I really like that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts