Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How different is the firmness of the suspension in auto mode. Trying to get a feel (no pun intended) of how the daily ride will be different for the family (outside of being much more spirited of course).

·
Registered
412 Posts
I notice no difference in ride quality with the suspension in Auto. The TH is just as comfortable as my '15 GC SRT when cruising. I'm not sure Sport or Track suspension settings feel _noticeably_ different either, but I just drive on the street, so it might not show up there. The brakes on the TH are noticeably better.

Reactions: Wallyman

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a 2017 GC SRT and I feel that that the SRT in auto is a little more forgiving than my TH. Both are strictly street vehicles and only like to leave the garage on sunny days. My SRT has the high performance brake package, something that I had to have due to the size, weight and power. My wife primarily drives the SRT and after driving one without the package agreed and wanted the high performance brakes. "Happy wife...happy life"

·
Registered
112 Posts
My TH rides smoother than my wife's SRT. Steers easier too. I put it down to her PZeros with 15K on them versus my fresh Scorpions

Reactions: Wallyman

·
Registered
166 Posts
A lot of it comes down to tire selection.

I am a former WK1 SRT owner. The truck came with goodyear run flats and when they were worn i switched to Conti non run flats and the ride was dramatically smoother.

Odds are a WK2 SRT with a set of run flats will ride harsher than a TH with non run flats and vice versa.

·
Banned
362 Posts
I had two GC SRT's before the TH...(A 2016 and 2017 model) The SRT's were daily drivers and so is the 2018 TH. I can't tell the difference between them in handling or ride comfort. The big noticeable differences to me, are in pure performance and exhaust sound. Other than the subtle supercharger whine, I would even know I was in a TH, that is until I mash the gas a little harder.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I skipped a generation, I didn’t see any value in the huge upcharge from the wk1 to the wk2 srt, i.e. the nominal increase in performance didn’t justify the much higher asking price. So I went from a 2010 to the TH, but I did have 3 wk1 srt’s, a 2006 and two 2010’s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the insight folks. Finally took an 18 TH out on a little test drive on the 3 season Pirellis and felt the same compared to the the 17 SRT on same tires. Did notice that the side bolsters were far more snug than the 17. But maybe that's cause they are brand new and will loosen up a bit after a while. Maybe they did on the 17 now that I think about it.

I know they made several changes to the drivetrain and had been curious if it would have made the normal daily driving more firm. Does not seem to be the case. Pretty impressive.

Speaking of impressive... I did two 0-30 3/4ish WOT pulls. O M G is all I can say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.