Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
awesome find thank you.
the start of the write up confirms what my builder had just told me about water and rusting ****. Not only the injectors but everything else is subject to water and build up. I will def get the Marvel junk and run it every now and then just to be safe.
Im glad I have ID injectors that supposedly dont rust or at least more resistant.

dudes humor was funny also I will prob read this 2-3 more times
thanks DarthCharger.

what did you decide on? you going with 1300s? I would (did) better safe then sorry

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just purchased and installed the ID1050X about a month ago along with other goodie parts but was now contemplating the E85. But told my builder did not want the expense of new ID1300's. He said the duty cycle on the 1050X was about 54% and thus could use them with E85. According to the ID web site, the ID1050X can be used with all fuels. So the question I had was it feasible to do this and was exploring the possibility when I came across the E85 article. One of my bucket list goals is just to get in the 10's on 93 octane. and I am just between 10.9 and 11.1.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great information . Its something to consider always with tuning modding your car jeep truck whatever. There has been such a push by tuners to use e85 over conventional 93. Its very tempting to do it for extra power and the availabilty. Not to much info on longevity of the motors. Tuners will always tell you about power gains , and the other positives. No one talks about failures and longevity. The in consistancy in the e85 are the scariest part. You could have you tune be off from your actual e 85 content and pow. Its possible with any gas but the inconsistsncy in the e85 makes it more likely. Its good to be informed . Theres pros to it like more power and cooler cylinder charges cooler cleaner cats. You really dont know what it could do to your engine in 5 years. Rust is bad . Just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Well I just purchased and installed the ID1050X about a month ago along with other goodie parts but was now contemplating the E85. But told my builder did not want the expense of new ID1300's. He said the duty cycle on the 1050X was about 54% and thus could use them with E85. According to the ID web site, the ID1050X can be used with all fuels. So the question I had was it feasible to do this and was exploring the possibility when I came across the E85 article. One of my bucket list goals is just to get in the 10's on 93 octane. and I am just between 10.9 and 11.1.
Thats strange the E85 tunes I seen all had 1300s in the "kit" but your tuner will know tons more then me thats for sure,lol
If I had access to 93 oct I dont think I would run E85 at all.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
@broken. I installed AMS Motorsports STX500 kit on my Evo and when I asked about E85, they said the motor wouldn’t last as long. I went with AMS because they definitely know Evos. Maybe this hellcat engine is different somehow iron v aluminum block, pushrod v dohc, turbo v supercharger. Idk. I’m not planning on keeping the jeep more than ten years so I’m thinking it’s gonna see the corn 🌽

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
@rocket, they are also driving the supercharger harder when using the 1300’s so more air, more fuel. I didn’t see where deathcharger mentioned pullies so he may just be running a lower or stock pullies but tuned, like some of the other livernois packages.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@rocket, they are also driving the supercharger harder when using the 1300’s so more air, more fuel. I didn’t see where deathcharger mentioned pullies so he may just be running a lower or stock pullies but tuned, like some of the other livernois packages.
@Lil Hemi: Sorry for the late response but to answer your question, I have catless exhaust pipes, Hellraiser 2.72 upper, ID1050X injectors, Forced Induction intercooler with drag pack, and 93 octane HP Tune from Alex Peitz Performance. Getting ready to do Innovator West 9% overdrive and Sunoco 104 tune.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a '17 cat that had Barth's 900 package done to it about 4k miles. It has about 16k on it now and is only driven May-Oct. About the only thing I do is put some fuel treatment in it before parking it for winter, and then when I take it out I usually do a tank of 93 oct and baby it. My 'hawk is going in with about 2k miles on it in a month or so to get the same package. There's no science in what I'm saying.... I just smile ear to ear when I drive the things and haven't had issues.

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
@Lil Hemi: Sorry for the late response but to answer your question, I have catless exhaust pipes, Hellraiser 2.72 upper, ID1050X injectors, Forced Induction intercooler with drag pack, and 93 octane HP Tune from Alex Peitz Performance. Getting ready to do Innovator West 9% overdrive and Sunoco 104 tune.
I use Alex as well, in fact he’s got my Jeep now doing some things. Have you talked to him about adding the 9% lower yet? I’m running a 9% lower with 2.75 upper currently.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I use Alex as well, in fact he’s got my Jeep now doing some things. Have you talked to him about adding the 9% lower yet? I’m running a 9% lower with 2.75 upper currently.
what is your boost max with the 9% lower and the 2.75 upper? I have the 2.85 with the 9% lower and I boost out at 20. no E85 in massachusetts so meth is run in its place. But your boost must be 21 or 22

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
holly smoke 104 tune. what is that per gallon $10 ? I guess no big deal if just using that at track
91 oct is $5 a gallon here in CA

·
Registered
173 Posts
what is your boost max with the 9% lower and the 2.75 upper? I have the 2.85 with the 9% lower and I boost out at 20. no E85 in massachusetts so meth is run in its place. But your boost must be 21 or 22
Can't compare pulleys to boost psi with Lil Hemi as he has a much larger displacement built 427 engine. So your pulley combo may be 20 psi but on a larger engine like his the boost pressure will be much lower with the same combination.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts