Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

Prototype Spotted Driving Through Detroit

4K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  BlackHawk 
#1 ·
Here's a video of someone spotting a prototype of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk driving through the streets of Detroit. The Jeep apparently had a roll cage inside of it. The whine of the supercharger is also evident in certain parts of the video!

#3 ·
I'm pretty sure it's just because of the road noise, wind noise, etc. But I wish the cage came with it ! Even a half cage would be nice lol. But you're right, It won't be staying in there. Can't wait to see some full out track testing though, I want to see what the body roll is going to be looking like.

#4 ·
Wind noise, how far away the camera is combined with the TrackHawk moving at low RPM's and you won't hear much, that's how big engines are unless its at a standstill and you have a camera with a few feet of the exhaust. Most important thing is that we're seeing it here and its indeed happening.

#5 ·
That's definitely the main thing to take from this video. Getting kinda antsy just thinking about it. Gotta do some more searching up on the engine though to see what the gearing is like. See how low the rpms sit at cruising speeds, highway speeds, etc.

#6 ·
Too bad we haven't heard a single thing about it yet and right now the LA Auto Show is on, maybe at this point Car Makers are not yet done doing reveals, if that's the case we still have a chance to hear more this month, if not we'll have to wait for the next show. It's going to happen soon, we just need to be very patient.

At least there was that one video of a TH ripping it on a track before noticing a spy camera and stopping.

#8 ·
I'm trying to figure out why they're trying to keep it so hush hush. I mean every vehicle gets exploited when it's in testing phases... it's just the nature of the industry.

And it would be great to see the testing, like the slalom and what not to see how it's performing when trying to get it to go a little extreme.

#9 ·
probably because it would bring in more questions than they have answers too, plus they need to keep the information roll out consistent in order to ensure potential buyers remain interested. Coming out with the information consumers need in line with the ability to order ensures you get those orders. Have to be strategic.

#11 ·
I don't know about that, with how complex things are, the time it takes to do certain things, and all that comes into play they should have everything ready to go well before then.

It all comes down to how they pull people in, and while they pull you in with all the information you finally got, immediately they'll want to move you to buying.

What important is that we understand by now what we're getting into and have some generation expectations, good enough for someone to say if they're in or out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.