Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys I’ve had my trackhawk for a few months now and it’s time for some more power. Can I run the innovators west lower and a 2.85 upper on 93 octane fuel? Or is that too much for 93?

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
What’s up guys I’ve had my trackhawk for a few months now and it’s time for some more power. Can I run the innovators west lower and a 2.85 upper on 93 octane fuel? Or is that too much for 93?
IMO thats the problem with most builds that go wrong. people wanting the most power then can get. run the 3.05 and never worry ever. that just my opinion.
no if you are building a race car thats different but if its your DD go 3.05 and donmt stress

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hello - thats my current set up exactly, 2.85 upper and the innovators west lower.. I have snow performance meth system. new injectors and plugs. all on 93 octane. I rant the truck up the dragway last weekend for the first time with this set up... ran 11.1 @ 123.6 on a 80 degree day on my awful Yokahama Prada spec X all season tires... so much wheel slip its was silly of the line.. had to drop my rear pressure on the tires to 25lbs. Truck ran awesome. on a cool day I should be in the high 10 sec range.

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Hello - thats my current set up exactly, 2.85 upper and the innovators west lower.. I have snow performance meth system. new injectors and plugs. all on 93 octane. I rant the truck up the dragway last weekend for the first time with this set up... ran 11.1 @ 123.6 on a 80 degree day on my awful Yokahama Prada spec X all season tires... so much wheel slip its was silly of the line.. had to drop my rear pressure on the tires to 25lbs. Truck ran awesome. on a cool day I should be in the high 10 sec range.
so close to 10s oh man that would make me mad knowing you can get 10s but tire slip.

so would you have ran the 2.85 with no meth? thats your safety net for sure but on gas only 3.05 is just safer. sure many do the 2.85 everyday with zero problems and many blow their stuff up also.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My tuner said run the meth is for cooling and the extra octane. I’ll be totally honest. Same set up as me on E85 is in the 10’s all day. I’m certain that E85 brings better numbers all day long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO thats the problem with most builds that go wrong. people wanting the most power then can get. run the 3.05 and never worry ever. that just my opinion.
no if you are building a race car thats different but if its your DD go 3.05 and donmt stress
I think I’m going to go with the 3.05 upper and just play it safe it’s not my daily driver but I don’t want to worry every time i take it out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you daily drive with this set up? And if you do how are you liking it?

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
My tuner said run the meth is for cooling and the extra octane. I’ll be totally honest. Same set up as me on E85 is in the 10’s all day. I’m certain that E85 brings better numbers all day long.
Meth is def safer and the power is nice also. e85 brings 80 more HP with set ups like ours you having the smaller pulley id say even a few more HP.
with my 3.05 I think ill get in 10s also if I ever goto the damn track. the interchiller and E85 are insane.

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
I think I’m going to go with the 3.05 upper and just play it safe it’s not my daily driver but I don’t want to worry every time i take it out
If your not a racer this just makes the most sense to me. You get the bigger injectors and later you can add a E85 tune. Just get the bigger injectors now that way you have choices later.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I want e85. Massachusetts does not have it. It exists at one pump 30 minutes away but they won’t let anyone fill containers. Silly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want e85. Massachusetts does not have it. It exists at one pump 30 minutes away but they won’t let anyone fill containers. Silly.
I really want to go e85 I have a couple gas stations near me I just don’t know what it’s going to do to my motor and injectors in the long run I hear e85 absorbs water and causes rust

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
I really want to go e85 I have a couple gas stations near me I just don’t know what it’s going to do to my motor and injectors in the long run I hear e85 absorbs water and causes rust
well make sure you buy the correct injectors made for E85.(ID 1300s) they also have additives to kill the moisture.

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
What additives do you recommend? I think I’m going to make the switch to e85
I have used 2 kinds one was Lucas and the other was some weird name its purplish. I use that when Lucas isn't in stock. I only use Lucas because of the name I have no idea if one is better then the other.
change your oil a lil sooner also.
Id say the most important thing is getting the ID injectors they have the coating that wont allow them to rust from moisture. I dont know if the cheaper ones have that

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Check my build post about adding an ethanol content sensor. Seems much easier than testing before you fill up to me. You wanna make sure you’ve got enough ethanol or you’re gonna have a bad day.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The consensus among almost all the ‘tuners is that the 2.85 is fine with 93octane.

It’s when you go to the 2.75 and start seeing 14-15psi that you’ll start seeing a split as what the tuners say is safe.

Plenty of Hellcat guys run the 2.75 on 93octane without issue. 2.85 on 93 is definitely not an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I
Check my build post about adding an ethanol content sensor. Seems much easier than testing before you fill up to me. You wanna make sure you’ve got enough ethanol or you’re gonna have a bad day.
I think I’m going to get that was it hard to put in?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts