Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
I didn’t do the install so I can’t speak to the difficulty. I was billed for 3 hours labor though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Respectfully to ThawkMike and others who have responded earlier of course,...

I just want to say to the OP be careful how you interpret answers to what is the "max pulley you can run" as it totally depends on what elevation you are running at.

A particular pulley combo can make a significantly different amount of boost at elevation vs at sea level. So what one member runs successfully may not work safely for you if your elevation is significantly different.

Example, my 2.85 upper and Innovators West lower pulley combo makes 13 - 14 psi at near 7,000 ft of altitude in +80F temps. Where at home (only 600 ft elevation) with cool weather I am seeing 17 psi consistently and bumps to 18 psi at the 6,800 RPM shift point with the exact same pulleys. That's quite a big difference just from elevation and ambient temperature changes alone. Also feels about 100hp stronger too which is a good thing. (y):D

Point is do your research (like you are) but, as mentioned before, ask your tuner what they recommend for your particular location and application.

Note: I am presently running E85 with an interchiller, but the tuner says I can run 93 pump gas safely with this setup. However in colder winter months I will likely run a mix of 93/E85 (Full Flex Fuel tune) to help with cold starts. Or I may switch to a 3.05 upper pulley if I go full 93 octane just for the piece of mind if I would get a bad tank of 93 fuel somewhere.:oops:

Also have and recommend a Zietronix Digital ECA gauge to monitor ethanol content which helps give you piece of mind what fuel you are running.

20200924_175219.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Double G-
I mix E85 and 91 all the time. straight E85 is super fun but I am to lazy to goto gas station everyday. that E85 burns way to fast. Im so lazy I been on 3 maybe 4 tanks of just 91, lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I run 2.85 upper and innovators west lower on pump 93, spraying meth. no issues boost max is 20 now. sometimes I get a 21.Ran the truck at the track multiple times in one day with no issues. This is my daily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I just want to say to the OP be careful how you interpret answers to what is the "max pulley you can run" as it totally depends on what elevation you are running at.

A particular pulley combo can make a significantly different amount of boost at elevation vs at sea level. So what one member runs successfully may not work safely for you if your elevation is significantly different.

Example, my 2.85 upper and Innovators West lower pulley combo makes 13 - 14 psi at near 7,000 ft of altitude in +80F temps. Where at home (only 600 ft elevation) with cool weather I am seeing 17 psi consistently and bumps to 18 psi at the 6,800 RPM shift point with the exact same pulleys. That's quite a big difference just from elevation and ambient temperature changes alone. Also feels about 100hp stronger too which is a good thing. (y):D

Point is do your research (like you are) but, as mentioned before, ask your tuner what they recommend for your particular location and application.

Note: I am presently running E85 with an interchiller, but the tuner says I can run 93 pump gas safely with this setup. However in colder winter months I will likely run a mix of 93/E85 (Full Flex Fuel tune) to help with cold starts. Or I may switch to a 3.05 upper pulley if I go full 93 octane just for the piece of mind if I would get a bad tank of 93 fuel somewhere.:oops:

Also have and recommend a Zietronix Digital ECA gauge to monitor ethanol content which helps give you piece of mind what fuel you are running.

View attachment 8474

My tuner is pushing e85 on me I think I’m going to do. And I will most likely pick up a 3.09 pulley too so I can run 93 in the winter I like that gauge and where you installed it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Off topic what tires are you guys using? I can’t see the stock tires doing too good with more power

·
Registered
32 Posts
Double G-
I mix E85 and 91 all the time. straight E85 is super fun but I am to lazy to goto gas station everyday. that E85 burns way to fast. Im so lazy I been on 3 maybe 4 tanks of just 91, lol.
Amen! :D The Rocket man speaks the truth! E85 power is impressive and the fuel consumption is also just as equally impressive 😲 (read awful). It is no joke and I swear I make a stop at the gas station nearly every time I take the Hawk out of the Garage, however you can't wipe that stupid grin off your face anytime you drive it so there is that....... 😂

Rocket, if you are mixing 91 and E85 I am guessing you dont have 93 available then? IIRK, you are running the "C1025" package with the 3.015 upper/ IW 9% lower?

If so what is your max boost psi with that pulley combo?

Instead of running full 93 octane in the cold winter months, I may just leave my pulleys well enough alone and run a mixture of 93 and E85 to keep the overall octane up but increase the cold start abilities over straight E85. May try to target say E60 on the ECA gauge through the cold months. Anyone have thoughts on this strategy?🤔

·
Registered
562 Posts

View attachment 8474

No I agree 100%, and it’s why I usually quote PSI. It is the defining factor we should be concerned with

14psi is the turning point for most tuners and 93octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run 2.85 upper and innovators west lower on pump 93, spraying meth. no issues boost max is 20 now. sometimes I get a 21.Ran the truck at the track multiple times in one day with no issues. This is my daily.
Ok, first off WOW what are you below sea level to get 20-21 psi with a 2.85/9% IW lower? Or do you think your boost bypass valve is not operating correctly? Seems suspiciously high like something may not be operating correctly. No criticism/judgement here just truly conscerned for the health of your motor. 🤕

Second, WOW 20-21 psi on 93 pump gas? Yes you are spraying meth, but are you not a little conscerned about so much boost on 93? 😓 What I mean is what if you get some "bad 93" or a "hicup" with the meth injection system it seems like things could go sideways quickly with so much boost. (20-21 psi)

If not maybe I am overthinking it and my 18 psi (2.85/9% IW) would be totally safe on straight pump 93 Octane. 🤔 (flex fuel tuned)

·
Registered
32 Posts
No I agree 100%, and it’s why I usually quote PSI. It is the defining factor we should be concerned with

14psi is the turning point for most tuners and 93octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, 😎 cool. (And whew, new guy here so I wanted to help the OP and didn't want to step on anyone's toes either)

And yes, agreed PSI is the best defining factor here.👍

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ok, first off WOW what are you below sea level to get 20-21 psi with a 2.85/9% IW lower? Or do you think your boost bypass valve is not operating correctly? Seems suspiciously high like something may not be operating correctly. No criticism/judgement here just truly conscerned for the health of your motor. 🤕

Second, WOW 20-21 psi on 93 pump gas? Yes you are spraying meth, but are you not a little conscerned about so much boost on 93? 😓 What I mean is what if you get some "bad 93" or a "hicup" with the meth injection system it seems like things could go sideways quickly with so much boost. (20-21 psi)

If not maybe I am overthinking it and my 18 psi (2.85/9% IW) would be totally safe on straight pump 93 Octane. 🤔 (flex fuel tuned)
I'm in Massachusetts so no clue if I'm above or below sea-level. Truck has run excellent since all work was done in October of 2019. No issues to date with any of the modding. done. yes the set up you mentioned the 2.85 and IW lower is what I have. Sadly I want more power.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Just be aware that you start creating all kinds of other problems once you hit a certain power level. Struggling for grip is what I’m dealing with now but am planning on axles, suspension and brakes next. Probably another 10-15k by the time I’m done 😭

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in Massachusetts so no clue if I'm above or below sea-level. Truck has run excellent since all work was done in October of 2019. No issues to date with any of the modding. done. yes the set up you mentioned the 2.85 and IW lower is what I have. Sadly I want more power.
That's great news to hear you are having no issues on 93 (w/meth inj) at 20 psi. How many miles have you been running on this setup if you don't mind?

At Massachusetts you are at sea level near the coast (obviously) and Google says the mean elevation across the state is only 500' above sea level. So that explains the powerful boost numbers you are getting. 👍

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just be aware that you start creating all kinds of other problems once you hit a certain power level. Struggling for grip is what I’m dealing with now but am planning on axles, suspension and brakes next. Probably another 10-15k by the time I’m done 😭
I think thats a never ending battle on the street with so much instant torque these modified motors are making. Is your suspension and driveline stock presently?

I do not have drag radials, but can say having full BWoody suspension, both diff braces, Eibach springs, Eibach rear sway bar, G-Force axles and their 1 pc driveshaft that traction is still the biggest challenge on the street.

She may not hook up with street tires, however boy does it handle well in the corners. 😀 Definitely has much more of a sports car feeling when hitting the curves or highway on ramps.

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Amen! :D The Rocket man speaks the truth! E85 power is impressive and the fuel consumption is also just as equally impressive 😲 (read awful). It is no joke and I swear I make a stop at the gas station nearly every time I take the Hawk out of the Garage, however you can't wipe that stupid grin off your face anytime you drive it so there is that....... 😂

Rocket, if you are mixing 91 and E85 I am guessing you dont have 93 available then? IIRK, you are running the "C1025" package with the 3.015 upper/ IW 9% lower?

If so what is your max boost psi with that pulley combo?

Instead of running full 93 octane in the cold winter months, I may just leave my pulleys well enough alone and run a mixture of 93 and E85 to keep the overall octane up but increase the cold start abilities over straight E85. May try to target say E60 on the ECA gauge through the cold months. Anyone have thoughts on this strategy?🤔
Sorry for late reply.
yes I have The "C1025" as I only can get 91 oct. I mix the E85 for safety just as much as fun,lol but full tank of E85 and the interchiller on race mode is so fun. I cant even think what my traction would be like with more power.

I think for you mixing the E85 and 93 in winter would be safe bet also. I cant say anything about cold starts as 50 is coldest it gets here but people always talking about a bad batch of gas. the best bet is to mix and just hope both are not messed up. I always drive normal after new tank even if its just 91 I always give computer time to adjust just incase.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts