Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Aug 13th im going in for my engine build. Here is what I was told from my performance shop in New Hampshire would be done.

PCM Unlock - with Diablo I3 tuner
Lower Pulley only, Metco Motorsports 10% Over - they only make one for this truck application, they will drill the crank out for no slip
ID1050x Injectors
Tune
( I have an upgraded Air Filter already )

This shop has done a few of these and said that the other Trackhawks they did brought 697 to the wheel.

Labor for install is about 4 hours for the pulley and 1/2 hour for the injectors.

I was told that a good option is a meth kit which would bring a much greater gain.

I'm open to comments and being educated other then my misspelling of Pulley in the subject line......

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don’t do a meth kit.

Labor charge is very reasonable imo.

Whp is subjective to a lot of factors, but sounds about right also.

My only thought, go larger on the injectors, 1300’s, as you may want to add the upper pulley at some point.

What is the plan for type of fuel you will be tuning for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right now 93 octane, this is my daily so cant go completely nuts, just want a little more power out of my truck. I was told that if I went meth it keeps the motor cleaner and adds more power. But I want to see how I like the pulley and the injectors first. I have to imagine its noticeable?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Who is the shop that is doing it? I am thinking about doing some upgrades and I am in Andover Ma not far from NH.

TYIA

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work in Andover lol, across from starbucks in the Bank of America Building. I haven't seen any other Trackhawks in this town. Granite State Dyno in Hudson NH.

·
Registered
582 Posts
right now 93 octane, this is my daily so cant go completely nuts, just want a little more power out of my truck. I was told that if I went meth it keeps the motor cleaner and adds more power. But I want to see how I like the pulley and the injectors first. I have to imagine its noticeable?

You’ll get a noticeable bump in power with just the lower for sure. You’ll get a bigger one with an upper as well and still able to run 93 if you stick with a 3.1 or so.

Meth... this engine doesn’t have an issue with being “dirty” so being clean really doesn’t add anything.
If they are throwing additional timing at the tune because of the meth kit, then it’s a big no. If they are promising more power, they probably are.doing exactly that.

Some guys do use it without issue, but it’s is rare on the 6.2 from what I’ve seen. The factory charge cooling is fairly adequate for your moderate setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes they said they can adjust the timing more with the meth kit. I guess they did work on a charger hellcat and added the meth kit and got big gains from that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts