Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i keep noticing that at some gas pumps the filler nozels keep getting stopped when i squeeze the trigger and lock out the nozels. Wanted to see if anyone else had an issue. Its very wierd sometimes at certain pumps i have no issues other time it wont let the pump continue pumping . Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
267 Posts
yea THIS is the worst thing about the hawk to me.

1. DONT let tank get below 1/4
2. Put the nozzle more shallow than deep when experiencing it.
3. unfortunately it seems like its chevrons nozzle that does it more, im strict to sticking with the good chit and the chevs around me have issues with the hawk. been doing research on other gas that I may be ok with. historically, especially after tuners have told me to, I stick to chevron.

Reactions: Broken98

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow so its not just mine . Funny you mentioned the 1/4 tank its more prone to it if its lower. I think theres definately some issue with filler neck or the gas evaporator filter thing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree Im seriously trying to ignore it and make up for my time wasted with driving faster but a dealer visit might unfortunately be in my future. which sucks, as I just did a paint correction ppf and ceramic and I know those monkeys are gunna scratch my perfect new paint. love my FCA vehicles, hate my FCA service centers. makes me miss GM....kinda.

·
Super Moderator
2,514 Posts
If this is your first capless fuel system, it takes a little getting used to and there are definitely some pumps that are more sensitive. I’ve had good luck with making sure the nozzle is fully inserted, you could also try pumping at a slower speed if the pump has multiple latch settings.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I was majorly annoyed by this the first time I filled up. I was wondering if I’d need to sit there and hold that dang thing at every fill up for an SUV that’s a major gas guzzler...until I figured out the hack for it. I turn the nozzle upside down and rest it against the fuel door and it stays locked that way. I don’t know why it’ll stay locked upside down but not right side up, but I’m not questioning it. Has anybody else figured this out?

·
Registered
267 Posts
for me its just chevron. Ive only tried top tier but everything works except chevron.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If this is your first capless fuel system, it takes a little getting used to and there are definitely some pumps that are more sensitive. I’ve had good luck with making sure the nozzle is fully inserted, you could also try pumping at a slower speed if the pump has multiple latch settings.
This is the only consistent solution I've found too. Just pump slower.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I manage this by tilting up the nozzle as it’s coming out so any drips stay on the nozzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed... Been using this technique for decades and it still works. Also carry a roll of paper shop towels in the car for the occasions when the pump station does not have any.

Also agree with tilting the gas pump handle when pumping gas. Tried the suggested method by @JMS935 the other day and found that worked great and that I did not have to turn the pump handle completely upside down.

THANKS to both suggestions!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts