Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Got to thinking..... If we are to end up purchasing one of these leftover new 2018 trackhawks that have been sitting on the lots for nearly a year, being started and shutoff briefly at times without getting up to full temp and driving, should the fluids be changed before we purchase? I mean, things like the engine oil being nearly a year old and other fluids, it should be changed out by the dealer before taking ownership, correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
You may be able to get them to throw in a free oil change by pointing to the following on page 400 of the owners manual if its been on the lot over 6 months...

NOTE: Under no circumstances should oil change intervals exceed 6,000 miles (10,000 km) or six months, whichever occurs first.

As far as other fluids go they're a much longer change interval so I don't think there is anything to be done there...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Do the above, like Craig suggests. As for the rest of the fluids... no worries.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know, thanks guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys,

Got to thinking..... If we are to end up purchasing one of these leftover new 2018 trackhawks that have been sitting on the lots for nearly a year, being started and shutoff briefly at times without getting up to full temp and driving, should the fluids be changed before we purchase? I mean, things like the engine oil being nearly a year old and other fluids, it should be changed out by the dealer before taking ownership, correct?

Thanks
I had the dealer throw in all the provisions for an oil change in with my deal. I change the oil myself, right after delivery, and captured some to send off to be analyzed. I too was worried about all the cold starts throughout the almost year long time in the dealer's inventory.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the dealer throw in all the provisions for an oil change in with my deal. I change the oil myself, right after delivery, and captured some to send off to be analyzed. I too was worried about all the cold starts throughout the almost year long time in the dealer's inventory.
Good call. I ended up getting them to change the oil with our purchase also.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’m not an expert, but I doubt any of the fluids need changing. The Synthetic oil probably had a shelf life longer than we do. Bottom line suggestion - before purchase, find a safe flat road to smash the accelerator and make sure you can get from 0-60 in 3.5 sec and a smile and you will be fine. And new warranty. My rhino was made 2/18 and she roars like new with 10k miles. Enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts