Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My purge hose assembly has a cracked hose at several points. I located this after receiving the P0456 code from a check engine light. I ordered part #68426845-AB. The part picture on the website matches what is installed in the vehilce. I received a part that was very similar, but instead of a T-section continauing to a relief valve, it contained an L, with no hose to a relief valve. I have not been able to get in touch with the parts out fit that I bought it from and am kind of at a lose on what to do. Is it an update part? Where can I find that info? Any one have a newer TH they can look at to see if it matches? I attached both photos for reference.
Thanks,
Human body Slope Rectangle Line Font

Sleeve Font Asphalt Road surface Cable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you have apic of where this is on the engine? I have the same code and suspect a split in the hose but have yet to find any photo of the location

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have apic of where this is on the engine? I have the same code and suspect a split in the hose but have yet to find any photo of the location

Thanks
It's hard to see but it's on the right side of the motor. It starts next to the firewall at the PCV and goes towards the front. I did confirm from another dealer that Jeep has removed the vent portion of the assembly. The new part has been in for about a week and no issues. Protip, wait for the motor to completely cool before you mess with it and be very careful with the clips. If it's cracked you should be able to feel it with your fingers. Mine was split at the connections in several spots on the bottom. Good luck!
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
215 Posts
Nice to know, hard to figure out what hose you were talking about. Good to know vent not required now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts