Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Has anyone with bags ever have their shock go out and get the "service adaptive damper" warning? Bc I baged car TH recently and now I got that error and I wondering if anyone else has had this problem
I have not had that issue, is that code clearable and if cleared does it reoccur? is there a bad wire or something not plugged in on the shock that might throw that code?

·
Banned
86 Posts
Could be fuse or relay if u didnt have this issue before. Unlikely u would have to replace it as soon as u installed the Airbag kit. Seems like there is a nexus.

Has anyone with bags ever have their shock go out and get the "service adaptive damper" warning? Bc I baged car TH recently and now I got that error and I wondering if anyone else has had this problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not had that issue, is that code clearable and if cleared does it reoccur? is there a bad wire or something not plugged in on the shock that might throw that code?
The code pops up pretty much every time I start the car.
Code pretty much pops up every time i start the car. Just got word from my dealer that they blaming the fault on my bags bc theres a height sensor that's causing the code. They claim that all the wire, parts, and connections are good. So now I have a TH suspension that's stuck in track mode. Also they want me to bring the TH back to stock to see if the code continues. What do you think I should do? Pay a mechanic to being it back to stock? Or pay for new shocks in hopes it will fix it?

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts

Code pretty much pops up every time i start the car. Just got word from my dealer that they blaming the fault on my bags bc theres a height sensor that's causing the code. They claim that all the wire, parts, and connections are good. So now I have a TH suspension that's stuck in track mode. Also they want me to bring the TH back to stock to see if the code continues. What do you think I should do? Pay a mechanic to being it back to stock? Or pay for new shocks in hopes it will fix it?
Take it to a proper speed shop that is familiar with TH and have an actual mechanic look at it instead of those morons at the dealership.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Like Li Hemi stated bring it to a performance shop. Those idiots just plug it into the computer and see what code pops up. We ALL have it lowered and we dont get height sensors going off.

U buy new shocks and u will be wasting a **** ton of money. The shocks are fine smh.

·
Registered
426 Posts

who installed the bag's, go back to them, something they did must not be correct. also what control module are you running? air ride 3p?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was running Lionheart LH-Fives / 22" x 305
Hey bro, I got this coming -

Looks like I need another compressor and tank too? What you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Last week I had air suspension installed - now getting service dampening system warning right after start up. Anyone experience this? Pinched shock wire or could it be something else? I will be taking it back to the shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
116 Posts
I know its not for everyone ( never in a million years would I think I would have done something like this). I love the 4 height presets for driving. The Bilstein shocks work very well with the bags. I feel as if its a smoother ride than springs, both factory and then the Eibachs.
The pictures are with it air out.
View attachment 8629 View attachment 8630 View attachment 8631
Suv to powerful for bags...respectfully bags are risky(aftermarket) when you change a vehicle to air suspension that was built to ride on shocks...the frame of the vehicle will compromise the modifications and you will be going into a money 💰 pit of future problems...respectfully

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
Suv to powerful for bags...respectfully bags are risky(aftermarket) when you change a vehicle to air suspension that was built to ride on shocks...the frame of the vehicle will compromise the modifications and you will be going into a money 💰 pit of future problems...respectfully
The WK2 chassis is built for airbags. Overland and summit editions come stock with it. So don’t really get your point.

·
Registered
426 Posts
ill disagree, I had bags on mine for 3 years and running at 747 at the wheel. I dragged it also occasionally. No issues at all. Truck drove great. I woiuld do it again also.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts