Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advise from you guys that are running the quarter.

Yesterday I ran at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana Ca. Temp was about 70 degrees, Elevation 1068ft and DA was +1650 according to my phone app. It was windy with a noticeable 20 mph headwind. The best I could run all night was 11.7 seconds at about 114mph.

I lowered tire pressure to all 4 tires down to 28lbs. Traction was good although i’m not too sure that is proper pressure to run. Trap speed seemed a little low. Only upgrade I have done to the Trackhawk was a JLT Cold Air Intake. Car #4013 right lane.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
20mph headwind will KILL trap speed, especially in a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick. I think you did well, given the air quality/conditions. That is an 11.3 @ 119mph run at sea level with a 20mph tailwind.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20mph headwind will KILL trap speed, especially in a vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick. I think you did well, given the air quality/conditions. That is an 11.3 @ 119mph run at sea level with a 20mph tailwind.
Awesome. Thanks! 👍🏻

·
Banned
362 Posts
My best times so far (according to the performance pages) which were within .1 sec and 1 mph the last time I was at the track. BTW, totally stock.

0-60 3.1

1/4 11.2 at 122

I'm typically only getting 3.2s to 3.4's 0 to 60 because of the excessive wheel spin and I suspect hitting the rev limiter. I got lucky on the 3.1. But getting 120+ and <11.5 in the 1/4 is pretty easy. Punch and go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow thats pretty damm fast for stock . Congrats ive gone 11.6 and 3.6 but thats nutz . Modded that trucks deeP 10s

·
Registered
113 Posts
11.5 at the track (VMP) about 2,500' DA... 3.3 sixty foot on the street with me and a 240lb passenger. Seems like some of these trucks come from the factory with more power than others. My truck never spins even on the street.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts