Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m female & know nothing about the mechanics of an auto. I just know I like the looks, sound of them & how fast they can get me down the road. I was looking at a 2018 trackhawk & the salesperson told me that if I drove it like I was supposed to I could burn through a tank of gas in 12 minutes. Of course, I’m like ok show me. He gave me the spill on company insurance wouldn’t allow it...blah blah blah. He also said it had to much power for a single mom & to stick with something more economical. So my question..,do any females out there drive one & is it as awesome as the videos I’ve seen? BTW - the dealership would not allow me to test drive it. Crazy 😜 I ended up buying a renegade for my son from a different place with a kickass lift & I drive it a lot because he likes my Chevy truck better. Anyways, can’t wait to hear back from you all.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How much power you want is up to you, not a condescending misogynist sales-bro! I know some female Trackhawk owners, but not sure if they are on this forum. One of them is paypaymarie13 on Instagram.

I'm not sure about documented tests of the Trackhawk burning through a tank of gas in 12 minutes, but I did see this in a Usa Today article about the Challenger Hellcat Redeye:

"At full throttle, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye’s consumes guzzles 1.4 gallons of fuel a minute — enough to drain the fuel tank in just under 11 minutes, Fiat Chrysler said. Yet it is still rated at 22 mpg on the highway."

I guess it is feasible, but only for uninterrupted foot to the floor track situations. Most see about 9-11 MPG depending on how hard you push it.

Welcome to the forums!

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
If you could keep it floored for that long, you would be out of gas but you’d be in jail way before that. Not sure how a penis figures into that equation but then again, I’m no salesman. This is the perfect vehicle for right foot down=go super fast. Not a lot of planning or skill involved/needed, just a decent limit on your gas card.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There are lots of THs on the dealer lots. Find a dealer who will let you take it for a short test-drive. That will either sell you on it, or not. This isn't some "out of control" vehicle that you can't drive in an easy way, when you want to. I do that all the time. In fact, that is what I like about it. It is an extremely comfortable, good-looking, vehicle to just cruise in. And then when you need/want to have fun, it accelerates and brakes like something that defies logic and practicality. it does not handle like a sports car, but it accelerates to 100mph like one. :)

My wife drives mine on the rare occasion she doesn't have her Audi (which isn't slow, by any means). No issues. It wouldn't even cross my mind that there would be.

it is disappointing a salesperson would be so sexist. :( it does get lousy gas mileage, however.

Reactions: Quicksilver

·
Registered
695 Posts
That’s ridiculous they won’t let you test drive it. If they didn’t have one on the lot and you were placing an order to build one, then I get it, but if they’ve got (stale) inventory that they’re trying to sell - then they need to allow a prospective buyer to test out what they are thinking about buying. I would move on to the next dealer.

Maybe you can find a local forum member willing to let you test drive it. I surely wouldn’t mind if you happened to be local to me. Maybe post your location to see if someone’s local and willing.

These do consume a lot of gas, so if that’s an issue then maybe consider something more economical. I’m over 3k miles in and averaging about 10(ish) miles per gallon, and that’s after a road trip brought my average up. It was in the single digits before that.

·
Registered
267 Posts
dealership sales people are bums. there's about 1% who aren't. don't listen to a word he said, because its all hogwash. my lady adores my trackhawk, she went to dealership to look at them before I bought one and sat it in, turned it on in the showroom, etc. no test drives but they at least tried to sell her on it. they also told her they wouldn't go below sticker price, and we wound up getting it for 12.5 under sticker. I HATE to say this Kelbek but take your husband or some savvy car guy that your close to back to that dealership, and take a deep look. there are two styles of seats, check out both, sunroof? premium sound, CD player even available, and ultimately there are still over 100 19s available in almost every color. whatever you do, make sure you buy nationally at the lowest price, don't feel held hostage but your local a hole dealer. best of luck! my wife like the velvet red and the white colors, and preferred the suede seats, she even wanted a cd player and so now my center console is even smaller than all of yours lol. good luck and if you think the hellcat power is tooo much then look at the 18 srt. 20k cheaper with more features.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That salesperson is an idiot.

Yes there are women out there in the Track Hawk as well as other high horsepower vehicles. I am sure others would agree, in my experience it seems that high horsepower vehicles are more of a male thing. We either are addicted to it from a young age (any insurance agents on here lol) or we are compensating for the lack of something else or likely both.

That being said I say get what YOU want. I am sure you are reading this forum all about this awesome vehicle and yes it is insanely fun. So practical but so stupid at the same time. If you are concerned about gas mileage then you should probably look for something else.

And someone above suggested you post your location for test drives from other forum members. I assume all the single males will offer but I will take the liberty of starting the line.

Good luck and keep us posted !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts