Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really enjoying learning, exploring, and experimenting with all of the tools centered around racing on our THs. Drove the car home from Dallas to New Orleans Aug 31st and now have 1900 miles. I have done plenty of digging on the forum as well as good ol' Google and can't find much info on this topic. I have read all documentation that came with the vehicle (SRT Guide booklet, Grand Cherokee Owner's Manual etc.). I am noticing some things with the Race Cool Down Mode that are king of bugging me.

1.) I understand there are certain requirements for Race Cool Down Mode to engage, but even when those requirements are met, it doesn't always kick on as it supposed to once engine is turned off. Kind of frustrating...Anytime I put the hawk thru it's paces, 9 times out of 10 I will go ahead and try to engage the system to cool the motor. If the system doesn't activate I go thru the process again of putting the ignition in the "run" mode, turn it back off and boom-it works the second go-round. I don't get it... I live just north of New Orleans and saying we have hot weather does no justice, so I am constantly trying to keep her cool. A cool motor is a happy motor!

2.) On the flipside, after using the feature the first few times I have never noticed this. However, upon using the feature regularly (when it is successful) I am noticing high, warm temps inside the cabin after the car has been sitting for hours. Like way warmer than outside ambient temps which right now are 75-85 degrees this time of year. Sometimes it's almost like hopping into a sauna (ok maybe not that hot, but its really warm). Everything inside the car; steering wheel, center console etc. is very warm to the touch. Sitting outside is not a factor as the vehicle is always garage kept at work or home. Matter of fact the first time I noticed this it was a cool, cloudy, rainy day and was parked inside my warehouse at work.

Anyone else notice this?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Really enjoying learning, exploring, and experimenting with all of the tools centered around racing on our THs. Drove the car home from Dallas to New Orleans Aug 31st and now have 1900 miles. I have done plenty of digging on the forum as well as good ol' Google and can't find much info on this topic. I have read all documentation that came with the vehicle (SRT Guide booklet, Grand Cherokee Owner's Manual etc.). I am noticing some things with the Race Cool Down Mode that are king of bugging me.

1.) I understand there are certain requirements for Race Cool Down Mode to engage, but even when those requirements are met, it doesn't always kick on as it supposed to once engine is turned off. Kind of frustrating...Anytime I put the hawk thru it's paces, 9 times out of 10 I will go ahead and try to engage the system to cool the motor. If the system doesn't activate I go thru the process again of putting the ignition in the "run" mode, turn it back off and boom-it works the second go-round. I don't get it... I live just north of New Orleans and saying we have hot weather does no justice, so I am constantly trying to keep her cool. A cool motor is a happy motor!

2.) On the flipside, after using the feature the first few times I have never noticed this. However, upon using the feature regularly (when it is successful) I am noticing high, warm temps inside the cabin after the car has been sitting for hours. Like way warmer than outside ambient temps which right now are 75-85 degrees this time of year. Sometimes it's almost like hopping into a sauna (ok maybe not that hot, but its really warm). Everything inside the car; steering wheel, center console etc. is very warm to the touch. Sitting outside is not a factor as the vehicle is always garage kept at work or home. Matter of fact the first time I noticed this it was a cool, cloudy, rainy day and was parked inside my warehouse at work.

Not familiar with this feature. What year do you have? I have an '18 and have never seen this?

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Sorry, mine is too old. On #2, it kinda sounds like the AC kicked on but diverted the refrigerant to the interchiller and was blowing out hot air into the cabin.

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
Sorry, mine is too old. On #2, it kinda sounds like the AC kicked on but diverted the refrigerant to the interchiller and was blowing out hot air into the cabin.
This is the same thing that will happen on my interchiller. If I put it in race mode the cabin ac is cut and full power to the IC itself. So I assume that same thing is going on with what ever FCA came up with

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is correct, same in my Demon.....nothing like hot air blowing on you in the staging lanes!

·
Registered
8 Posts

How does the race cool down mode work and where is it? You do it while driving or when you complete your drive for the day

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
How does the race cool down mode work and where is it? You do it while driving or when you complete your drive for the day
what year is your TH?
you use it when ever you want the coldest IATs
drag races or street race when ever you just want lower temps.it wont work when you are done driving. its used while driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,146 Posts
2020 so you have it.
best case you will want to use it. say you just ran a drag race your IATs are 200 or what ever you def dont want to run again with motor that hot you will go slower.
so you turn on the race cool down mode, that's basically like turning on the AC to the Super Charger/Motor instead of the cabin. So you dont get cool air inside but your motor will run cooler and that will make your car run fasters for longer. I am not 100% how yours works the after market one I have I can turn on and leave on so I have colder temps all day long. the lines that goto the Super Charger are freezing cold even when the motor is hot. its pretty trippy to grab the line and it be so cold when you feel the heat of the motor.

**** I hope that made sense

1 - 11 of 11 Posts