Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my radiator cap is spraying a bit. Noticed some dried mist kind of in that area so I cleaned it up but it’s back. Just ordered a Moroso 24lb cap. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
250 Posts
i just ordered the 21lb moroso cap works great so far no leaks, I was not leaking before but did it as preventative... eastcostjeepsrt did a vlog on youtube suggesting guys running higher boost get one. Mine works good so far no issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m only running 14psi of boost though. Y’all know what the OEM cap is rated for? Guy at O’Reilly said it was 22 but that seems high to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
OEM 21 psi, have installed 3 radiator caps in 50K miles for my 2014 Chrysler SRT, have had to add coolant not many times to maintain proper level (pressurized over flow tank). My son always tells me he can smell coolant. Dealer has pressure tested system and always said cap is bad, I've tested caps before with tester they come close to 21 psi. No signs of any leaks so I just keep getting new caps if I have to add coolant more than 2 times. I've other vehicles that I have never replaced cap.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hmmm, I don’t see the PSI rating on the cap itself. I do see the part number stamped into it along with Mexico. Also noticing that my billet cover is no longer appropriate.
Look closely to the left of "mexico" under the word "keep" it says 21 PSI - very faint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine went right after going to a 2.85 and my installers went a couple days later. Not too common, but running a few extra psi will do it.

·
Super Moderator
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, that is super faint but with enough light and magnification I was able to see the 21psi. The 24psi cap is on but of course my billet cover doesn’t fit it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts