Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have issues with their screen freezing? Every so often shortly after startup the screen will freeze and will not respond no matter what I try. The radio still plays but I cannot control the volume or anything. Other things I’ve noticed is if I’m using the navigation the voice commands stop after a couple minutes but the screen will still direct you. And with Sirius radio it will alert me to one of my favorites but when you go into favorites it says there are none currently playing. I assume it’s going to crap out completely sooner or later. Is it worth getting replaced under warranty? Or will the replacement just crap out too? Anyone have similar experiences to share? I was thinking maybe just get an aftermarket unit. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
If it’s under warranty have it checked out. If it’s not under warranty, I’d the battery trick. If it still gives you problems, call the dealership, lots of people are getting theirs replaced due to delamination for free, even out of warranty.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have to admit that as minor as it may seem to be, that the radio station dial became inoperative with the performance pages up was a reason I sold mine. It really irritated me.

None of our other FCA/Stellantis vehicles does that, except for my girlfriend's 'Hawk.
Made damn sure that her TRX allowed changing stations before ordering mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it’s under warranty have it checked out. If it’s not under warranty, I’d the battery trick. If it still gives you problems, call the dealership, lots of people are getting theirs replaced due to delamination for free, even out of warranty.
What’s the battery trick? Disconnect and reconnect ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did you get or do the over the air update back in February it helped some. Mine does have a blue screen every once in a while, but will reboot, supposed to be another update this summer. Take it to dealer just to have a record on file and have them update it if it hasn't been done . My biggest concern is that the radio controls everything. Have not looked at Charger & Challenger to see if they are having the same problems with Uconnect, should almost be a class action case since it controls so much of car's features. I have had mined replaced once due to NAV being inoperative showing my location miles from actual. Almost think it has to be software issue with Jeep.

·
Registered
386 Posts
From the looks of it, the problems are not brand loyal. People are having issues with Dodges and Rams, too.

·
Super Moderator
2,246 Posts
My 14 limited never had an issue with the radio unit, I guess they’ve made it better 😉

·
Registered
386 Posts
Neither has my '17 Ram. But I made sure to order it without the touch screen.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I still have to take mine in for this issue. Also my GPS is all messed up on the maps. It now isn't even showing where my location is at all. Just blank. I don't really use that part of it but will have to make sure they take a look at things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get or do the over the air update back in February it helped some. Mine does have a blue screen every once in a while, but will reboot, supposed to be another update this summer. Take it to dealer just to have a record on file and have them update it if it hasn't been done . My biggest concern is that the radio controls everything. Have not looked at Charger & Challenger to see if they are having the same problems with Uconnect, should almost be a class action case since it controls so much of car's features. I have had mined replaced once due to NAV being inoperative showing my location miles from actual. Almost think it has to be software issue with Jeep.
I haven’t brought mine in yet. I haven’t really had an issue since the day I made the original post. I just bought it in April (has 15K). I’ll probably wait til I have more issues. I hate to bring my vehicles to dealerships because they usually have incompetent morons working on your car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not good folks!! Mine is doing the same exact things. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. Just did it on the way home. Couldn't control radio at all. Turn it off and restarted and all was fine. Need to get fixed before I put the incognito pulley on for sure. If anybody gets if figured out please post and I will do the same. Hopefully it's not a big issue.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just had my 2018 TH in for service and informed the service tech that my GPS was showing me in the middle of a field in southern OK ( I am in north TX). When I picked up my TH service tech said he would just order a whole new unit. Told him I had the same issue with my 2017 SRT and the touchscreen. This was also covered under warranty. He told me that this is a issue and the easiest thing is to just replace the unit. This was 06/02 and just got a call today to bring my TH in. My 3 warranty is up on 06/18. So this is still was all covered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had my 2018 TH in for service and informed the service tech that my GPS was showing me in the middle of a field in southern OK ( I am in north TX). When I picked up my TH service tech said he would just order a whole new unit. Told him I had the same issue with my 2017 SRT and the touchscreen. This was also covered under warranty. He told me that this is a issue and the easiest thing is to just replace the unit. This was 06/02 and just got a call today to bring my TH in. My 3 warranty is up on 06/18. So this is still was all covered.
Appreciate the info. Was hoping it was just a glitch they could fix by computer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
UPDATE:
Just got the TH back and the new radio and GPS work great. Best part... No charge!.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts