Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new Jet Ski and was about 15 miles from home when I look at my DTE and it says 30 miles remaining. I'm like no problem. I look down 2 minutes later and it says 20 miles remaining........2 minutes later 10 miles remaining. I'm like WTF is going on! I'm just cruising at 65mph. I'm now like I need to get gas ASAP. I look down and it states 0 miles remaining and the truck freaking dies. Thanks god my buddy was following me. He left and came back with a 2.5 gal tank and after I empty it into the truck my gas gauge reads a tick under 1/4 tank. So 2.5 gallons gives my truck a 1/4 tank reading......WTF. At least now I now.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks for the intel.

I've never had mine down to that level, but good to know. In the old old old days of 10 mpg cars, GM cars typically had gauges that let you still have about 3 or 4 gallons when near the E mark. But the Fords typically were more accurate, and E meant E.

So, we now know that our Jeep gauges are accurate too.

And yes, good thing your buddy was following you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
From someone with plenty of experience running it below E and has never run out of gas. When gas light comes on I can usually go 20-30 miles before filling. What happened to you seems unusual as I would have run out of gas many times by now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hmm...when my gas light comes on..(rare occasion) and i fill er up...it appears there is anywhere between 1/2 gal..and a gallon left...calculated by how many gal. it takes to fill it at that point..
agree with others...at 1/4 tank or so..i fill it up..in driving 26k miles since new, i still average a hearty 11.3 mpg....but still in love...off topic..disappointed to see on the Th 2020- no redeye option..wtf?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.