Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased RB Performances Rotor/Break package as my OEM's needed replacing at 25K miles (which is ridiculous to begin with). Auto shop i trust(ed) installed them. 70% of the time i break there is an embarrassingly loud squeak. Took the jeep back to the auto shop today and they pretty much told me I was SOL and they don't warrant 3rd party products. They did look at them and confirmed everything was installed correctly. $3,000 later i'm pretty frustrated.

Anyone else purchase these rotors? Similar experience?
Was I a fool for buying these?
Any advise?

Purchase> Jeep Trackhawk 2018+ Front & Rear (P/N 2595 & 2325) Bundle Kit Includes Brake Pads

Save 10% on RB 2pc Rotor Kit (400/350) for Jeep Trackhawk 2018+ Front & Rear (P/N 2595 & 2325) Includes Brake Pads

·
Registered
76 Posts
The XT910 are supposed to be their quietest, no/low-dust pad. I've read complaints about the stopping power, but not noise. How many miles have you put on since the install or have you bedded them yet?

Reactions: MN_TrackHawk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The XT910 are supposed to be their quietest, no/low-dust pad. I've read complaints about the stopping power, but not noise. How many miles have you put on since the install or have you bedded them yet?
Manufacturer just sent me instruction in bedding them + 8-10 hard stops (100 mph). Sounds like trouble.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just FYI most high performance brake pads require a break-in involving repeated stops, increasing in speed and brake pressure followed by a cooling off. Hopefully once you do what RB recommends you will be happy with them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I picked up the whole kit as well back in December. Same here, I have the 910 pads and they squeal quite a bit and still have a fair amount of brake dust which is a bummer. The bigger bummer to me is that the front grip so hard now that the back brakes don’t really do anything. I still have the manufacturing CNC marks after a couple of thousand miles as opposed to the front marks that disappeared after about 200 miles. It’s like I need a porportioning valve to dial it in again and get the right bias.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just FYI most high performance brake pads require a break-in involving repeated stops, increasing in speed and brake pressure followed by a cooling off. Hopefully once you do what RB recommends you will be happy with them.
It seemed to do the trick. Per RB's directions, last night i hit 100 mph with hard stop 8 times till they smoked. Feel like brand new (and quiet) breaks today!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked up the whole kit as well back in December. Same here, I have the 910 pads and they squeal quite a bit and still have a fair amount of brake dust which is a bummer. The bigger bummer to me is that the front grip so hard now that the back brakes don’t really do anything. I still have the manufacturing CNC marks after a couple of thousand miles as opposed to the front marks that disappeared after about 200 miles. It’s like I need a porportioning valve to dial it in again and get the right bias.
I followed RB's bedding directions last night. 8 hard stops from 100 mph down to 30 mph till they smoke. Honestly, they feel like brand new breaks today and no more squeaking. Hopefully it stay that way. Here are the directions. Follow at your own risk ha

·
Registered
37 Posts
It seemed to do the trick. Per RB's directions, last night i hit 100 mph with hard stop 8 times till they smoked. Feel like brand new (and quiet) breaks today!
That is great to hear! Please keep us updated on these brakes since I will be needing new ones in the near future. When I burned through the OE pads at about 25k miles, I tried both Carbotech AX6 and also Girodisc/Demon Performance SS pads and they both squealed horribly, no matter what the manufacturers recommended in terms of break-in, anti-squeal paste, shims, etc, so I went back to the OE pads. The AX6s had some freaking awesome stopping power, I have to admit. I really wish Ferodo offered the 2500 pads in our sizes because they are my favorite high performance pad but maybe these RBs will be a good option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts