Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here but have been lurking a few months. I have a modded 2020, tuned by HHP. A week or two ago my transfer case clutches went. I had the dealer replace the unit under warrantee, however it looks like they removed the tune.
I plugged in the Diablo to verify there was no tune in the vehicle.
Unfortunately I do not know how to reload the tune and cant seem to locate it on the Diablo.

Any advice would be appreciated (where is the tune? how can I reload it?)
Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you contacted HHP? Don't you have a copy of your tune on the Diablo?
I did call, I need to speak to Josh or Greg. Left message but no call back. Going to try calling again today. I am not aware where to locate the copy of the tune on the Diablo.

Message from HHP (Justin)

"If you plug your handheld into the car and select custom tunes it should show you which tune is installed on the vehicle. If you are unable to see this then they may have flashed your PCM. If it has been flashed you will want to get the tune on there as quickly as possible so it doesn’t spike lean under acceleration.

Since I only work here part time I would call our sales office and ask to speak with Greg as he is the most knowledgeable on tuning, aside from Josh (our tuner) of course (the tuner is hard to get ahold of). Greg should be able to walk you through the process if you have any issues."

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
I did call, I need to speak to Josh or Greg. Left message but no call back. Going to try calling again today. I am not aware where to locate the copy of the tune on the Diablo.

Message from HHP (Justin)

"If you plug your handheld into the car and select custom tunes it should show you which tune is installed on the vehicle. If you are unable to see this then they may have flashed your PCM. If it has been flashed you will want to get the tune on there as quickly as possible so it doesn’t spike lean under acceleration.

Since I only work here part time I would call our sales office and ask to speak with Greg as he is the most knowledgeable on tuning, aside from Josh (our tuner) of course (the tuner is hard to get ahold of). Greg should be able to walk you through the process if you have any issues."
wow they should call you right back same day IMO. I get it they are busy but they are busy making new money when they should take care of old money first. that's just me though I don't run that shop
good luck the stress sucks I know.
I have Livernois tune and I want to buy a new PCM and swap tunes just to get rid of them. the way they work just bothers me. I do not want to send my PCM to them for a simple fan change or any change. to me thats the stupidest thing ever so they are gone ill get a new tuner that will help me when needed. not take days or weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got a call back about 15 minutes ago. The handheld doesnt show the tune on it. So Greg advised the dealer may have changed or updated something in the PCM. Unfortunately he wasnt exactly sure what to do a that point and needed Josh (who is in FL until Monday, but said he'd call him shortly).
So I have to forego driving it cuz its dumping so much fuel it really smells horrible. Even sitting in there 20 minutes ago, y clothes smell like raw fuel. Its terrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to contact Diablosport support, they will instruct you on how to reset the settings and return the programmer to a state that can start working with a new calibration of your car. Then you read the original file and send it to HHP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When your clutches went, did you get a dash light? Dealer warranty with no issues?
Several lights...traction control and Forward Collision went on. Its not a single light. You can see them in the photo below near the "0" on the tach and the "0" MPH plus the traction light.

I have a good rapport with one of the service writers at the dealership. They replaced it with very little questions. He knew a few months back that I made mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just got a call back about 15 minutes ago. The handheld doesnt show the tune on it. So Greg advised the dealer may have changed or updated something in the PCM. Unfortunately he wasnt exactly sure what to do a that point and needed Josh (who is in FL until Monday, but said he'd call him shortly).
So I have to forego driving it cuz its dumping so much fuel it really smells horrible. Even sitting in there 20 minutes ago, y clothes smell like raw fuel. Its terrible.
Please do not drive your Jeep in its current condition until you get it retuned ASAP. You problem is your larger than stock 1050 injectors as the current ECM tune thinks you have stock size injectors installed. So the IPW will be way too long and you are now running very rich as you can smell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you appreciate the input - I drove it only a couple times while it was de-tuned, and not driving it since speaking with Greg at HHP on Friday afternoon. Waiting and hopeful for Monday when Josh at HHP is available.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wow they should call you right back same day IMO. I get it they are busy but they are busy making new money when they should take care of old money first. that's just me though I don't run that shop
good luck the stress sucks I know.
I have Livernois tune and I want to buy a new PCM and swap tunes just to get rid of them. the way they work just bothers me. I do not want to send my PCM to them for a simple fan change or any change. to me thats the stupidest thing ever so they are gone ill get a new tuner that will help me when needed. not take days or weeks.
Sorry for your tuning aggravation, if it helps I just got my ECM back from Livernois after having the latest OS uploaded so it that works with their handheld My Calibrator touch controller. I will be able to data log with it and upload emailed tune changes from them myself going forward with it.

Not sure if you were aware of this option with Livernois or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Please do not drive your Jeep in its current condition until you get it retuned ASAP. You problem is your larger than stock 1050 injectors as the current ECM tune thinks you have stock size injectors installed. So the IPW will be way too long and you are now running very rich as you can smell.
Can you help me out with IPW, what is it or whats it mean?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Can you help me out with IPW, what is it or whats it mean?
Absolutely, IPW is Injector Pulse Width or how long the injector nozzel is open spraying fuel.

An injector of the same flow rate open for a longer period of time (typically measured in miliseconds) equals more fuel sprayed into intake runner. While the opposite is true..... Injector open for a shorter period of time equals less fuel in the intake runner which ultimately goes into the cylinder obviously.

Your ECM presently has the stock tune and expecting to be injecting fuel with small stock sized injectors that need a "long" IPW to deliver the proper air fuel ratio compared to larger aftermarket injectors.

So basically the stock tune will hold the larger injectors open too long causing an overly rich condition.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE - Heard back from HHP and was able to locate the tune(s) on the Diablo. I was able to reinstall and things are improved, meaning the raw fuel smell is back to the way it was before. However the "engine" light is still lit after running it a few times. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts