Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well it sounds like your almost back to normal. You should be able to read the code with the Diablo as well. That might give a clue what is setting the light. Lessen learned, do not let the dealer flash your PCM. I hope it is back to normal for ya soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well it sounds like your almost back to normal. You should be able to read the code with the Diablo as well. That might give a clue what is setting the light. Lessen learned, do not let the dealer flash your PCM. I hope it is back to normal for ya soon.
Thanks
HHP said the check engine light goes on anytime you flash a tune...I can go in through Diablo and remove or delete the code in essence turning off the light.
As for the dealer - lesson learned. I was not aware they would flash the PCM. I dont think my transfer case issue is solved, so I may have to return it again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
First off, congratulations on getting your tune reflashed again and your fueling issues back on track. Did you reflash just the ECM tune or did you also reflash your custom TCM tune?

You may notice some odd or harsh shifting for a few miles after a TCM reflash until the transmission adaptive learning process is completed, then all should be normal again.

As far as the transfer case replacement goes I believe your Jeep must go through a "relearning process" by a dealer which involves an ECM reflash. So I don't think anyone can get their transfer case replaced on a tuned Jeep without going through what you just did unfortunately. And why I am dreading the day I may have to do mine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Can we learn from my experience? If going to a dealer for warrantee work can we remove tunes to allow the work to be done then upload once completed? My guess is yes, but I am not quite the gearhead when it comes to how things work :)

I did reload the TCM tune also Double G - I figured while I was at it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
30birdy99 or double g (or others who may know).
I have to bring it back to the dealer to check out why the transfer case is still throwing the code and bucking like it was before. Do I do something with the tune before i bring it back? Load the stock one from the Diablo? I pretty much have little idea

·
Registered
299 Posts
They will have to interrogate the PCM to troubleshoot faults for your drivetrain concerns. Just make sure you have your file to reload incase they have to reflash it while it at the dealer. You can not hide a modified PCM if they are looking for it.

Reactions: NJTHMike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mike I wish I could help you but I know nothing about Diablo tuning and how they/it works. Only familiar with EFILIVE for my 4th Gen Camaros and have a different OS on the TrackHawk with Livernois tuning which is no help here unfortunately.

I am just hoping to learn from your T-case experience. But in the spirit of trying to help, I would leave the Diablo tune in the Jeep as they may need to test drive it and nothing good will come of driving your Hawk on the stock tune and those larger injectors installed. Also would ask your tuner his opinion on what to do and follow that valuable advise.

I would however fully expect to have to reload your Diablo tune again when you pick it up before driving it home. Hopefully it is an easy dealer relearning process for the T-case and all is good again. 👍

·
Registered
102 Posts
thanks, not sure what DTC is :)
DTC .... Diagnostic Trouble Code 😉👍

AKA .... CEL (check engine light)
AKA .... SES (service engine soon)

AKA .... RTB (remove the bulb)
AKA .... BTOL (black tape over light)

JK on those last two. 😀

oh and AKA (also known as) and JK (just kidding) 🙃

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Clear your DTC’s or cycle the battery power.
Ok now that Double G has helped with acronyms, what I saw on the dash is the same as post #12 on the first page. Bunch of lights on. This morning I took it over to the dealer and lights are not on. Nonetheless the problem is still there. A howl and jumpiness turning. When turning out of my driveway with the wheel cut, it doesnt idle forward. When I hit the gas it bucks forward. Same in reverse.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Arg, must be frustrating to say the least and I hope it something easy they can do to get it all sorted out.

How many miles driven since the t-case replacement? It sounds like something (computer possibly) is confused on how to properly (smoothly) drive the T-case motor which controlls the internal clutches and distribution of power to the front wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
honestly didnt keep track but its not a lot, maybe a hundred or 2. I asked the service writer today about te computer being the problem and he said "this is what happens when they use refurb parts" - so maybe it was just a bad batch of stuff in the new case. The problem is worse now then before the new parts went in. More to come...
Thank you all for the help and conversation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So after the dealer looking into this again, they realized that me leaving it in Valet mode was the problem. They took it out reprogrammed the diff and it drives fine now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
First off awesome you are back on the road with a smooth and quiet T-case. 🙌 Glad it was an easy fix, even though I don't understand their valet mode explanation. Wondering if that is just a story as they didn't want to admit the t-case reprogrammimg didn't go well the first time. 🤔

Did you have to reinstall your engine tune file again once the dealership was done? What about reloading your transmission tune again?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks Double G, I appreciate that and the helpfulness you've provided. I suspect they just didnt do the job properly the first time. I dropped it off Tuesday morning at like 9 AM and they didnt have it diagnosed until around 10 yesterday. Then it was fixed in under half hour. So it was probably just a cover, but either way it is driving properly now!

I reinstalled the tune and trans tune just to be sure. I didnt want to chance it not being there and waiting too long

·
Registered
299 Posts
Good to hear your back and running smoothly again. Good call on the reflash too.

Reactions: NJTHMike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks Double G, I appreciate that and the helpfulness you've provided. I suspect they just didnt do the job properly the first time. I dropped it off Tuesday morning at like 9 AM and they didnt have it diagnosed until around 10 yesterday. Then it was fixed in under half hour. So it was probably just a cover, but either way it is driving properly now!

I reinstalled the tune and trans tune just to be sure. I didnt want to chance it not being there and waiting too long
Awesome news to have your Hawk back on the road again. 👍 Thank you for updating this post to help others out in the future with similar T-Case issues.

Currious if you drove it straight home then reflashed your tune or if you reflashed the tune in the dealership parking lot first then drove home?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Double G thank you! And I hope when someone does have issues, this is at least a bit helpful.

I live about 2 miles from the dealer. I picked it up at noon and had to grab my daughter at school at 12:20. The school is half home so I did the reflash in the HS parking lot.
I have noticed its still a bit rich. I may load it again. cant hurt right

·
Registered
299 Posts
Even after reloading the tune, the PCM will go through learning cycles to get the fuel tables right. I would just drive normal and monitor it. Hopefully it clears up on its own. Can you send a file log to your tuner to check?

This reminds me of when I bought my TH and the alternator failed. The dealer did something wrong(Disconnect battery?) and fried the PCM. When they replaced it, I had drivability problems too because they forgot to load some sort of parameter. 2 trips back to them and they finally got it. Now that my Jeep Wave is done, I may never return.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts