Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my 2020 TH today, (traded in my 17 SRT) picked it up check over things. all looked OK. As I drove off the dealer lot i came to a set of lights on my way to get winter tires put on. So i am looking around and playing with the screen when I notice this defect on my dash, the light from outside made it more visible than before. The leather is cracked, looks like something got pushed on it or got banged when it was being assembled. (it was not really visible when i checked the car from the passenger side, plus it was getting dark outside., and honestly didn't pay that much attention to the top of the dash.)
Like seriously, how did that pass any type of inspection (at the factory or dealer) this is really bad QC !! It's not like this is a $20k car FFS !

Took pictures, sent them to the dealer right away. got my tires changed and went back to the dealer, talked with the service manager, he looked at it and could not see it until we pointed a flash light on it (its dark outside by now). Dealer is saying that the will contact FCA .... bla, bla, bla....

Let's see what will happen.... seriously hope i get a full new dash. Giving FCA and dealer a chance to make it right.

a bit pissed off TH owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Agh, frustrating I’m sure. It also could have happened in transport. I’ve seen cases of serious damage in the hands of those guys.

Good luck, shouldn’t be an issue replacing that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
OP something to consider is all the possible collateral damage done when the dash pad is removed and replaced at a dealership. Not to diminish the quality issue at all just a fact to consider? Maybe get it fully documented and accepted for replacement from dealership in writing and hold off to see if it gets any worse ….. you may be able to live with it …… or if something else big goes wrong have it replace then?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, I am fully aware of the "collateral" crap when you do dash replacement. But there is no way we (me and the wife) are accepting this staying like that. I have already called FCA and created a case number with them. This is something i will not let go of, so....
Either they fix it be it dealer or who ever FCA says (replace the whole dash PROPERLY),
Give me a whole lot of $$$ back and i will accept it they way it is (due to resale value),
or give me a new TH. (wishing upon a star on that one)

wagoetzmann, the idea what you mentioned about getting a signed and documented letter is great. I would add getting a signed and documented letter from the dealer and FCA that we can have the dash replaced any time of our choosing in the future before my extended (7 year) warranty expires, even if there is additional damage to the same "replacement part" that would of been replaced now.

FML !!

·
Super Moderator
1,583 Posts
They’ll approve the dash but it’ll take a month to come in and then that’ll be the wrong one but after you’ve pulled out any hair you may have it will eventually be done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol.... pulling hair will be difficult, I lost most of it already dealing with FCA. On my 17 SRT it took them a year (14 months exactly) to get a new cluster to replace mine that kept dying and could not save any settings.

Not having luck with JEEP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crap, can't see it. and i need a good laugh today. I am in Canada, so it gives me the old....

"Video unavailable
The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

will check it when i get home via VPN so i come out in US and be able to see it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
****... that sucks. Yesterday on the Trackhawk Facebook page someone picked up a new TH, drove off the lot, and 20 minutes later the audio coming from the radio was all static, from all different sources of input. All types of resetting the unconnect did not solve the issue. I have not bought a new car in years, but looking very closely at a TH, but these types of issues might change my mind. Good luck with the fix!
CCC

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not too late to start over if you are that worried. Federally protected right of "3 day right of rescission" you can refuse the sale and get all your money and trade in back. If you worked really hard for the deal, you may feel like not doing it all over again for another one but that option exists for just a little bit longer based on your time stamp of your first post. Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, never heard of that "3 day right of rescission". is that in the US, because I am in Canada.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am in Canada as well. My son-in-law is a tech at FCA specializes in interior rattles etc. I'll ask him about R & R the dash pad. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I spoke with him last night. He has done 6 dash replacements so far and has a 7th SRT one coming to him soon. It is both simple and complicated. You have to remove the center console, and there are a lot of things to undo and reconnect and make sure the wires are routed properly. Are you anywhere near Windsor, Ontario?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am in the Toronto GTA area (Mississauga). oh, I know what's involved, perhaps not exactly in a jeep, but I have done my share or dash replacements. If FCA would give me the dash I rather do it my self, but then any warranty would be out the window.
But my biggest worry is who ever will be doing it will forget to tighten a screw or nut, and then I (well the dealer) will be chasing a rattle or squeaks for a year.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well hopefully you will get a quality job. Ask the dealership if they have done any already. You don't want to be their first! Good Luck! And, let us know what happens.

·
Registered
504 Posts
They could save wear and tear on the as-is drivetrain by limiting the torque electronically in the first 1-2 gears. The center diff is really the only suspect part of the drivetrain I’d maybe be concerned about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts