Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've got a 2018 TH that I bought from Copart. All 98K MSRP. It was salvaged due to theft but has since been rebuilt with rebuilt title, and also was involved in a small accident that resulted in a side airbag being deployed. The theft included 6 bullet holes to the body panel. All damage was repaired professionally. Assuming the outside and inside are good as new, how much do you think I could sell this for on private party? The car has 18K miles. I'm listing it for $59.5K on Cars.com because I think that's a fair price but wanted to get the peanut gallery's opinion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would look for a more significant discount given the salvage title. That's a pretty big black mark against the car moving forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,

I've got a 2018 TH that I bought from Copart. All 98K MSRP. It was salvaged due to theft but has since been rebuilt with rebuilt title, and also was involved in a small accident that resulted in a side airbag being deployed. The theft included 6 bullet holes to the body panel. All damage was repaired professionally. Assuming the outside and inside are good as new, how much do you think I could sell this for on private party? The car has 18K miles. I'm listing it for $59.5K on Cars.com because I think that's a fair price but wanted to get the peanut gallery's opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know man. You price would have been legit if not for the bullet holes, this tends to cause a lot of questions from potential buyers when they look up the car's history. A friend of mine works at scrapi.com and according to him, cars which have some criminal history like yours with bullet holes are the ones that sell the hardest. That considered I don't believe you'll be able to sell on the price you initially wanted. Anyway there are customers who don't care for such trivialities and are only interested in the car's overall condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts