·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Fuel line recall

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am. Livid. This is my third issue since I picked up my car. Still waiting on a new strut because it was leaking. Both the strut and fuel line parts are back ordered for weeks or months...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am. Livid. This is my third issue since I picked up my car. Still waiting on a new strut because it was leaking. Both the strut and fuel line parts are back ordered for weeks or months...
You still driving it?

I am part of the recall and I bought outta state so chances of getting a loaner are slim to none.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You still driving it?

I am part of the recall and I bought outta state so chances of getting a loaner are slim to none.

Not to hijack the thread, but I just ordered out-of-state. I am not sure what to expect with local dealer warranty service. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I just ordered out-of-state. I am not sure what to expect with local dealer warranty service. Any thoughts?
It's a crap shoot unless you have a relationship with your local dealer.

I ordered outta state through a relative and the fact the local dealer wouldn't deal @ or below MSRP. Fortunately for me, most the service guys up there know my story. Dealer lost my Hellcat, Trackhawk and Demon order. That is three cars they could have sold but didn't.

I have used the local dealer for service and had good results so far. Nothing major was done but good is good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's a crap shoot unless you have a relationship with your local dealer.

I ordered outta state through a relative and the fact the local dealer wouldn't deal @ or below MSRP. Fortunately for me, most the service guys up there know my story. Dealer lost my Hellcat, Trackhawk and Demon order. That is three cars they could have sold but didn't.

I have used the local dealer for service and had good results so far. Nothing major was done but good is good.
What dealer are you using? I am in your neck of the woods and am always on the lookout for a good dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What dealer are you using? I am in your neck of the woods and am always on the lookout for a good dealer.
Frisco dealer... I have the service manager name and I use a tech writer named Cody.

You'll see some trash out there and all I can say, is I am good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered TrackHawk from out of state. Wife headed to pick it up today and got call from dealer could not sell it because of recall They would be fined 21K per day if the did. Unbelievable....

Supposedly affects all TrackHawks nationwide. He does not know when parts will come in 2 days? 2 weeks? months? Dealer suppose to get me updated.

Wow... Makes you wonder if this harbinger of problems to come with this model. Maybe should look at the BMW X5M. Won't be the same since I love my SRT but has HUD/ night vision and such...

This really sucks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered TrackHawk from out of state. Wife headed to pick it up today and got call from dealer could not sell it because of recall They would be fined 21K per day if the did. Unbelievable....

Supposedly affects all TrackHawks nationwide. He does not know when parts will come in 2 days? 2 weeks? months? Dealer suppose to get me updated.

Wow... Makes you wonder if this harbinger of problems to come with this model. Maybe should look at the BMW X5M. Won't be the same since I love my SRT but has HUD/ night vision and such...

This really sucks!
I don't think the sky is falling. Spoke to my dealer today and while most, including mine, Trackhawk's are in the recall, there are some that aren't. I am going to continue to drive mine even though the recommendation is not to.

I understand you are honked off as I would be knowing it is there on the lot. But hey, everything on mine rocks. It is worth the wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am one of those affected by the recall. Waited 11 weeks to get her and was supposed to pick up on monday. Got the call to hold off. Soooo disappointed. Dealer says hoping for quick resolution but what does this mean?

SERVICE ACTION

FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall to inspect the fuel supply jumper tube and replace it as needed. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 1st Quarter of 2018.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems perhaps a mechanic on the SRT forum has more enlightenment than FCA.

“You can locate the fuel line/tube from the fuel rail. Run your fingers from approx 1 inch from the fitting into the fuel rail and follow it back if you feel a seam on the bottom of the tube then you know you have the bad one if you do not feel it you do not have the one in question and while this line is possibly fine the new one will be much stronger and slightly oversized from the old.”

Reactions: kc135fs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems perhaps a mechanic on the SRT forum has more enlightenment than FCA.

“You can locate the fuel line/tube from the fuel rail. Run your fingers from approx 1 inch from the fitting into the fuel rail and follow it back if you feel a seam on the bottom of the tube then you know you have the bad one if you do not feel it you do not have the one in question and while this line is possibly fine the new one will be much stronger and slightly oversized from the old.”
Would be easy fix if just a missing clamp but assume that is a one way push on fitting on the rail. Note the X on the rail support. Does that mean passed inspection or failed?

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Mine is already on recall and I haven’t even taken delivery of it yet. It’s well past 5 months since I placed my order and still no TH. I wonder how many others still haven’t taken delivery from the original allocations of the first few days on the market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recall notice for the 2018 JGC Trackhawk

Attached Is a picture of the, January 18 2018 Recall / stop sale Notice on the 2018 JeepGrand Cherokee Trackhawks. I found this circulating on Facebook. It looks pretty legitimate from the FCA to the dealerships. It’s states that they can get a $21,000 a day fine if they do not follow this notice.( stop sale of vehicle, until it is fixed)

I’m new to this , this is my first time posting on this forum I live in the Toronto area, Canada. I just registered today to this forum.
I just don’t understand why this vehicle was released with such a problem. From what I read, isn’t this the same problem that the 2015/16 chargers & challengers with the same hellcat engine had as well? One with think that they would be careful releasing this vehicle with the same engine and my rectifying this issue. Reputation is everything. Especially on a new model year, that is , with the hellcat engine in this Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Don’t give me wrong I love this vehicle, in fact I have one on order, but I am a little bit upset at the fact that more care was not put into releasing such a high-profile vehicle And such a high price vehicle. It took years for them to finally bring this out, and to bring it out with an issue with that other vehicles the the same engine had ...just really boggles my mind.
I’m still waiting for my Trackhawk (its in “D” status). I ordered it in Late September. I’m Still excited. I hope they fix this issue on mine before they deliver to me. Anything involving fuel especially on or near the hot engine is very serious. It says that this fuel line separation from the 6.2L Hellcat engine, results in vehicle stalling and/or fire in the engine compartment. Please stay safe. If you own a Trackhawk already, or picking one up...get checked for this issue immediately.
At least there is a recall/stop sale notice of this vehicle before a tragedy happened, as far as I know. I can’t wait to get my new track hawk, but I want to ensure that it is 100% safe before I put my family into this vehicle. I hope they fix this issue quickly and thorougly . I’m glad that they are recalling this vehicle. The last thing I want when I own this vehicle is the reputation of the track hawk being a “fire”hawk.Thank God they are trying to fix this prior to any of them catching on fire.

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Does anyone have any idea as to how long FCA will be able to get parts out to dealers to address this recall issue? I can’t even buy mine until it gets fixed, and I’m wondering how much longer I’ll need to wait now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ran my VIN and it has the recall on it so I called my local dealer. They said there is nothing they can do right now about this since there is no remedy available yet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts