Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm used to pretty excessive brake dust from my '14 srt, but the dust on my '18 trackhawk is a lot worse.
Any suggestions for pads that equal or better performance of stock without all the dust?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm used to pretty excessive brake dust from my '14 srt, but the dust on my '18 trackhawk is a lot worse.
Any suggestions for pads that equal or better performance of stock without all the dust?
The forum has an adequate search function that can be utilized. There have been several threads discussing this question.
Key search words used - brake, dust

Here is one.

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/4-2018-jeep-trackhawk-general-discussion/6430-brake-pad-question.html

And another:

https://www.jeeptrackhawk.org/forum/554-brakes-suspension/4772-brake-dust.html

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes plenty of information on the matter. The issue IMHO has been that the lower price pads (powerstops) are not performing as well as the OEM and that's a deal breaker on my end.

I would rather have to clean my car more often than compromise the stopping distance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes plenty of information on the matter. The issue IMHO has been that the lower price pads (powerstops) are not performing as well as the OEM and that's a deal breaker on my end.

I would rather have to clean my car more often than compromise the stopping distance.
are there any that perform just as well as stock, regardless of price, that have same stopping power?

·
Registered
157 Posts

i've hit the brakes very hard with the powerstops and i see 0 noticeable difference between them and the stock pads.

If you're road racing your trackhawk neither the stock or Z23's would be ideal and you'd have to go with something much more aggressive.

or get a Porsche.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the feedback as this may push me to get this mod done as the dust is really bad

i've hit the brakes very hard with the powerstops and i see 0 noticeable difference between them and the stock pads.

If you're road racing your trackhawk neither the stock or Z23's would be ideal and you'd have to go with something much more aggressive.

or get a Porsche.

·
Registered
6 Posts
... just my 5 cents on the physics of it all ...
Heat and abrasion is what does the work. Pads are cheaper than rotors. In order to have less “dust”, you want less pad abrasion. That leaves the door open to have more aggressive pads that wear off the rotors more quickly (expensive), or you trade it for less stopping power. Ever seen racing cars? F1 produces huge amount of brake dust ... for me a sign someone has a lot of HP. I debagged and what gives it away now are the big rotors, brake dust and exhaust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts