Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to install a Redarc brake controller on my TH but would prefer to install in a more hidden location as I don't really want to alter the console. I am thinking of a panel below the steering wheel same height as the gas door button but on the console side. Has anyone done this and do you have pictures? I'm not sure what is down there behind the panel or how to remove a panel. Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I put mine on the panel underneath the steering wheel, doesn’t get in the way of getting in and out or hitting it with my leg or knee.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
I put mine on the panel underneath the steering wheel, doesn’t get in the way of getting in and out or hitting it with my leg or knee.
You do know that's the knee airbag panel right? Wouldn't that become a projectile toward your shins in case of a forward collision?

·
Registered
195 Posts
You are absolutely right, darmn I f’ed that one up, luckily I velcroed it in place so I think I’ll move it straight up to where thee OP was thinking level with the gas door button close to the steering wheel and run the cables through the trim cloth under the steering wheel.

Reactions: Daniel454

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed the Redarc controller today. Installed just below the steering wheel towards the console. Pretty clean install with the button for the most part invisible. The main part of the controller is hidden behind the drivers side kick panel.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts