Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
You would need to turn the function on. Maybe a tuner could do it for you or there is a plug in module that lets you do stuff like it stays in whatever drive mode you were in instead of defaulting to auto. Think it’s called a Tazer or maybe taser

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hello guys , the new keyfob is not enough. The panic knob works , but not the remote start.
I found the part : #*82215868 , but i read , it works only without power liftgate.
Who has an good idea ?

TH’s in Europe don’t have power liftgates?

It’s standard here. Sounds like something that is locked out for Europe for one reason or another.

As stated, you’re going to need a scanner tool, but most likely one with a can bus license . The gateway is locked to most scanner tools unless they download the license first, usually $50 or so.

Outside chance a tazer might work to activate the feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
I would to update with remote start on EU spec TH. I purchased a 5 button fob with remote start and panic button from key guys. Just got my TH back from the dealer, everything works fine. Powergate works fine

·
Premium Member
392 Posts

This is the site that I purchased the new FOB. Only dealer can program the new FOB and include start functions from settings within dealer software. Our TH comes equiped with this function it is just not activated.

My dealer did it free of charge because of the few warranty issues I’ve had. But it should not take more than 15-20min. So maybe schedule a oil change and do it then

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Not in my case. No reflash neccessary. I think you can program the new FOB using alfaOBD if you want to turn it into a DIY. I have the software, but I need a weekend to sit down and read all options and variations that we can customize. I just can’t find the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I contacted my dealer for getting a new fob and activating remote start and panic function (we don't get it standard here). Dealer said they got in touch with Jeep and it would not be possible to activate. Do you guys have any instructions on how to activate it myself?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I contacted my dealer for getting a new fob and activating remote start and panic function (we don't get it standard here). Dealer said they got in touch with Jeep and it would not be possible to activate. Do you guys have any instructions on how to activate it myself?
Change your dealer. Look online for a FOB with remote start, purchase it and then go to the dealer to get installed. Our EU spec TH comes with the possibility of remote start it is just not activated. My dealer has activated a few remote start grand cherokee’s and wranglers.

Maybe we can the technician from your dealer to speak with the technician from my dealer and he can explain how to program it.

you have the link I used to purchase my FOBfrom USA. Believe it can be done and it only takes the dealer 15-30mins to have it up and running.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts