Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Change your dealer. Look online for a FOB with remote start, purchase it and then go to the dealer to get installed. Our EU spec TH comes with the possibility of remote start it is just not activated. My dealer has activated a few remote start grand cherokee’s and wranglers.

Maybe we can the technician from your dealer to speak with the technician from my dealer and he can explain how to program it.

you have the link I used to purchase my FOBfrom USA. Believe it can be done and it only takes the dealer 15-30mins to have it up and running.

Thanks for your assurance. I just ordered the key fob from the website you have linked earlier. Once it gets here, I will talk to my dealer again and see what he can do. I will report back after the dealer visit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It has been a while and I got my Hawk back from the Dealership. They successfully programmed the new key fob and activated the remote start option. 😊

When pressing the remote start button the car starts and runs. Then I press the open button to unlock and get inside. But with the new key fob I am not able to “start”/move the car when I am inside. The car tells me that there was no key detected. Also, the keyless entry is not working with this fob.

Is there anything wrong with the fob or was it not correctly programmed, has anyone had the same problem?

For now, I just carry the OEM fob with me too, but it would be nice to get the new one fully working.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
392 Posts
I have not had this issue. 2 press to start engine, keyless entry/exit works. Once inside the car I just have to press the start button while holding the brake pedal and the car is fully activated without restarting the engine.
It might be a low battery. Try starting from the fob, then when inside, use the fob to push the start button.

did you recieve a red fob?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your suggestions.
I received a red fob and I tried with a new Battery.
What I do:
1. Pressing remote Start 2 times: Car starts.
2. Unlock with fob, because keyless does not work.
3. Inside the car I press the brake, press the start button with the fob but the car does not detect the key.

With the original key in my pocket too starting from inside works.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts