Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question,

Besides the stock stealership options (brembo rotors and pads), what are the available options in terms of Rotors for the Trackhawk?

I see Demon Performance and Racing Brake Options, but I'm wondering if/when other options (affordable quality/performance) like EBC or DBA might be available?

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Think I saw a set of carbon ceramics out there but lots of $$. Doesn’t seem like manufacturers are leaping into the TH market just yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when i was shopping Solis offered the Demon rotors, they are a bit cheaper than OEM but were out of stock. I went with the OEM rotors for that reason. I did use the powerstop pads and no dusting and it was like $125 for all 4 pads. OEM pads were something like $700, which is ridiculous. No regrets on the pads.

Incidentally when i was shopping on Rockauto for pads i did see some rotors come up when you put your car make and model in. they were alot cheaper than OEM, maybe $600 for fronts but I did not bother to ask or try. Hopefully someone else has seen and maybe tried those, because I just did all 4 corners with just over 20k miles and it was almost $3k.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Question,

Besides the stock stealership options (brembo rotors and pads), what are the available options in terms of Rotors for the Trackhawk?

I see Demon Performance and Racing Brake Options, but I'm wondering if/when other options (affordable quality/performance) like EBC or DBA might be available?

Thoughts?
RB or Demon thats all for now. no one else is in on it YET

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bumping this thread. Wondering if any new options have come up in terms of Trackhawk Replacement Rotors.

Also, does anyone have the OEM replacement part numbers? Stealership gave me the following, but I want to confirm here if possible:

Rotor-Brake (front) - 68305562AB
Rotor-Brake (rear) - 68256680AC

·
Registered
123 Posts
Amen....wish someone came out with a ring replacement kit for our Beasts. Can only hope at some point they do. MIne are fine at this point but I will have to replace them at some point in the future.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Bumping this thread. Wondering if any new options have come up in terms of Trackhawk Replacement Rotors.

Also, does anyone have the OEM replacement part numbers? Stealership gave me the following, but I want to confirm here if possible:

I have not seen new replacement other then what is already known. someone has to tap in this market soon I would think?

·
Registered
204 Posts
So with Racing Brake and Demon (Giro Disc) options which one do you guys prefer for the TH and why? Just speaking of the comparison of iron rotors and not the RB Carbon Ceramic rotors…
I believe the RB are even lighter than the Demon.

Front:
OEM = 38.65 Lbs
Demon = 30.75 Lbs
RB = 28.43 Lbs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Know what you are buying. Before ordering (even after order); ask the supplier (Demon/Girodisc) if their rear two piece rotors are compatible with OE Emergency brake like RB, or did they make it clear to you (like a responsible supplier) that the rear e-Brake must be deleted - Same disclaimer as other reputable & responsible brake companies (Stoptech, Brembo) duly disclosed.

·
Read Only
18 Posts

Are these parts the correct OEM? Is that a SINGLE rotor? Trying to compare a front/rear full set with the RB option

68305562AB - Front ($673) each?
68256680AC - Rear ($205) each?

Pricing from moparpartsonline but there is other part numbers for these rotors too....confusing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
View attachment 8727
Note above comparison is strictly based on objective data from design and material standard.

Click here to learn more:
ROTOR, PAD, BRAKE KIT - TECH INFO - RacingBrake
After reading a bit about both rotors, I went with the RB. What made me decide was the uni-directional feature, the higher material quality for disk and hat, and the center mount design. Being lighter than the stock is a great additional feature! Super pumped to see how they work out.

Also helpful to have all the information on your site in order to be able and make the decision.

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow 2 lb difference in weight! $2k for Demons and $7k for RB Ceramic. Bet they last forever tho.

So with Racing Brake and Demon (Giro Disc) options which one do you guys prefer for the TH and why? Just speaking of the comparison of iron rotors and not the RB Carbon Ceramic rotors…
I believe the RB are even lighter than the Demon.

Front:
OEM = 38.65 Lbs
Demon = 30.75 Lbs
RB = 28.43 Lbs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts