Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Am I crazy or are there virtually no tires available in the factory 295/45/R20 size? I've read that the factory pirelli All season run flats can be expected to wear out in under 20k miles. And they cost $500 each, and are hard being run flats.

Summit has one other tire.A Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus

Are there other tires that are slightly larger that will fit? Really appreciate it, didn't think this would be so much trouble.

-Austin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I just found in another thread that these are the ones to get. $306 each is much more reasonable.

EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE: 295/45ZR20

Any truth to the stock tires wearing out that fast? Any any other tire options are appreciated.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok so I just found in another thread that these are the ones to get. $306 each is much more reasonable.

EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 - SIZE: 295/45ZR20

Any truth to the stock tires wearing out that fast? Any any other tire options are appreciated.
As far as stock tires wearing fast, I have always believed that the wear factor, especially with go fast cars, was driver related.

Regarding what is the best replacement tire, this could be an opportunity for a separate thread. I have no current religion as to a favorite.

Here are some internet searches I saved when looking for tires.

https://www.performanceplustire.com/products/ts:29545-20:ty:Tire/

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?zip-code=75090&width=295/&ratio=45&diameter=20&rearWidth=255/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=17

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ive run the dws06 and the Michelin pilot sport A/S 3 and the Michelin is significantly better in every single way. this was on a ctsv with 700 whp in winter so I got a good feel for them. The Michelin a/s 3 also looks way better (much sharper aggressive tread pattern) with a flatter footprint opposed to the Conti rounds on the corners like the Pirelli and has less contact patch in the same size. both nice and quiet tires tho. look at country of origin on both as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Look at the General Grabber UHP, widest tread width and cross section and they look good to, they wear well also on my JGC SRT I’d get 36k to 40k miles out of them.

·
Banned
362 Posts
There are a number of tire options "if" you are okay running non-runflats and/or running a lower speed rated tire. Of course you can carry a compact spare/jack/4way (and another 50 to 60 lbs of weight) to address the non-runflat issue but it may be important to you to keep Y speed rated tires on the TH. "Most" (but not all) of the exact replacement sized tires are rated below Y.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It doesn't matter if there is 1 or 100 options....if the Conti DWS06 is on the list you have a winner.

I've purchased them for multiple vehicles over the years and aside from the fact that they're not a Max Performance Summer tire they are excellent in all conditions.

They are quiet, comfortable, great in the rain, and the best all season i've ever driven in snow.

When my stockers wear they will be on deck for my jeep without hesitation.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lots of good responses above... as Car Guy says, you have to decide if you want to run a RF or not. If not, then there are some good tires, as Rez and bloody have already mentioned.

As far as the OEM tires... if you get the 3-seasons, expect 10k miles. I know this from experience with these on a '15 JC SRT I owned. And I didn't kill those tires. I would say my driving style was normal for someone purchasing a hot-rod type of vehicle; enthusiastic, but not racing at every stoplight, for sure. There were times I felt like i babied those tires and they were done at 10k.

On my '18 TH, I have the all-season Pirellis and at 4500 miles I cannot tell any noticeable wear. I hope to get 18-20k miles out of them, which I think is very good for a vehicle this heavy with this much power, running a tread compound that allows it to hook 707hp from a dig.

Reactions: hawkku

·
Registered
412 Posts
Almost 22,000 miles on stock tires and still lots of tread left (at least 15000 more). These have been run hard MANY times.
Bob, do you have the All-Season Pirellis, or 3-season Pirellis? I'm guessing the former. Great wear for you! Just another reason I don't want to run 22s. Would be a waste of good OEM tires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
what tires?

I have the 3 season run flats. I have 13500 on them and they need to be replaced. Since I live in South Florida, I would prefer the tire with the best grip, dry and rain, summer tires? Can anyone recommend a summer tire that should would fit factory rims?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I cannot stress this enough. IF they make the Michelin A/S 3 which I do see on summit in the stock size than that is ABSOLUTELY the best replacement for all season performance and phenomenal traction. I have used them, if you like the dws06 then you will be amazed with these.

I have currently have a set of pirelli AS on 22 and the stock AS runflat Pirelli and am not impressed with either in any way whatsoever.

Reactions: hawkku

·
Registered
45 Posts
Summer tire replacement

I see that the continental 06 and michelin as/3 get good reviews for all season but in South FL, we can use summer tires that should have better grip on dry and wet then an all season. Anyone try Michelin Latatude sport 3? Any suggestions for summer tires other than the run flats that came with my Trackhawk? The truck needs better grip than the summer tires that came with it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don’t have any grip issues with stock tires, I live in SoFlo as well. Maybe there are better tires out there, but it’s plenty grippy as is.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nearly 18k miles on the potbellied all season and I don’t see getting 20k out of them.

Currently off rim and running snows on oem wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my SRT I wore out the stock run flats at 33k then I got a set of TOYO PROXES ST II.

Then a set of TOYO PROXES ST III at 92k

She now has 137k and Toyos still good.

Believe it or not the Toyos last 60k miles per set, handle well and are gobs smoother ride than the run flats (not to mention less unsprung weight).

I drive in a spirited fashion as does my son who currently pilots the SRT

Got them from Town Fair Tire for only $177 each.

Not sure about current availability but if available when I wear out the run flats on my TH (which has 7k miles)I will get them

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the 3 season run flats. I have 13500 on them and they need to be replaced. Since I live in South Florida, I would prefer the tire with the best grip, dry and rain, summer tires? Can anyone recommend a summer tire that should would fit factory rims?
With all good things come bad and vice versa. You will NOT find a summer tire that is epic in the rain . . .period. Nor will you find a rain tire that is epic in dry conditions. I've run all number of summer tires (R888/NTO5R/MT ET Street IIs/etc.) and you do NOT want to be caught in the rain in those. If I had to pick one in the event that I would be caught in a down pour however, it would be the R888s from Toyo. You can get home, but any throttle blip will get you spinning :/

1 - 20 of 33 Posts