Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my local Lous's Custom Exhaust. $250 to cut out the rear resonators and replace with SS Pipe. Exactly the way it should have came from the factory. Not too loud with sweet downshift burbles 馃檪

Registered
and since your willing to a video...or not...how about some pics?

But I am really looking forward to hearing the video and all that nasty burbling !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My son had his finger over the mic on the revving video I will redo it tomorrow. No drone at any RPM's. On the Highway it is still quieter than my SRT Jeep with the Borla Axle back which I can't figure out why. Sounds way better than stock but I did hope it was going to be a tad bit louder but I'm super happy for $250 over spending $1500 on a cat back.

Registered
Did you cut out the single big suitcase resonator or am I missing something? I cut out the resonator and installed 3" diameter 18" length Vibrant performance resonators, but it sounds really loud and I think I lost some low end power

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you cut out the single big suitcase resonator or am I missing something? I cut out the resonator and installed 3" diameter 18" length Vibrant performance resonators, but it sounds really loud and I think I lost some low end power
You cut out the Muffler. I cut out both rear "Resonators".

Registered
Do you have any before and after images of the undercarriage? I鈥檇 like to see what you鈥檙e talking about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have any before and after images of the undercarriage? I鈥檇 like to see what you鈥檙e talking about.
Just stick your head under the back of any Grand Cherokee. There is a resonator on each side that is connected to the exhaust tip. You just have a muffler shop cut them out and replace with straight pipe. Here is a pic from the web.

Attachments

Registered
Seems to sounds pretty good. Would love to hear a couple of high RPM passes when you have time.

Registered
I'd be interested in doing this IF there is no drone or other bad side effects.
It sounds great in the videos.
Please keep us updated, thanks!

Registered
Thank you.

That does seem like a decent mod to gain a bit more sound out of it, without ditching the entire exhaust system.

Registered
My son had his finger over the mic on the revving video I will redo it tomorrow. No drone at any RPM's. On the Highway it is still quieter than my SRT Jeep with the Borla Axle back which I can't figure out why. Sounds way better than stock but I did hope it was going to be a tad bit louder but I'm super happy for $250 over spending $1500 on a cat back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0KupJGSs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7rTH78WrYI
where in mass are youi from?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts