Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering deleting the suitcase resonator in my stock TH exhaust system, however when I contacted a muffler shop, they indicated that this would void my warranty. While I appreciate the shop's strive for honesty, I was wondering if this is actually the case?

I would love the added exhaust sound, but do not want to trade that for any sort of surrender of warranty.

Any thoughts or experiences to point to either direction here?

Thanks-

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm not sure about the Warranty part of it but it has been done by me and others. I replaced with the mid mufflers off a HellCat Charger. Sounds a little more aggressive than stock when tooling around town, still loud as hell when you get into it.

·
Super Moderator
2,289 Posts
As long as you are modifying from after the catalytic converter, I’ve never heard of anyone having any warranty issues. Headers would be a different story. I guess if the new exhaust rubbed something and caused damage, they wouldn’t cover that. As long as your clearances are good, I’d think you’d be fine. If you really want to know for 100% sure, ask the dealership.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long as you are modifying from after the catalytic converter, I’ve never heard of anyone having any warranty issues. Headers would be a different story. I guess if the new exhaust rubbed something and caused damage, they wouldn’t cover that. As long as your clearances are good, I’d think you’d be fine. If you really want to know for 100% sure, ask the dealership.
Good point- thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts