Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering deleting the suitcase resonator in my stock TH exhaust system, however when I contacted a muffler shop, they indicated that this would void my warranty. While I appreciate the shop's strive for honesty, I was wondering if this is actually the case?

I would love the added exhaust sound, but do not want to trade that for any sort of surrender of warranty.

Any thoughts or experiences to point to either direction here?

Thanks-

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
As long as you are modifying from after the catalytic converter, I’ve never heard of anyone having any warranty issues. Headers would be a different story. I guess if the new exhaust rubbed something and caused damage, they wouldn’t cover that. As long as your clearances are good, I’d think you’d be fine. If you really want to know for 100% sure, ask the dealership.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As long as you are modifying from after the catalytic converter, I’ve never heard of anyone having any warranty issues. Headers would be a different story. I guess if the new exhaust rubbed something and caused damage, they wouldn’t cover that. As long as your clearances are good, I’d think you’d be fine. If you really want to know for 100% sure, ask the dealership.
Good point- thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
88 Posts
I was considering deleting the suitcase resonator in my stock TH exhaust system, however when I contacted a muffler shop, they indicated that this would void my warranty. While I appreciate the shop's strive for honesty, I was wondering if this is actually the case?

I would love the added exhaust sound, but do not want to trade that for any sort of surrender of warranty.

Any thoughts or experiences to point to either direction here?

Thanks-
Dont be afraid of the warranty threat...we hear that threat from a dealer and believe that it mean the entire jeep lol 😆😂...no if worst case they only mean the exhaust part of the warranty not the entire plan/contract...in most cases you can easily replace a exhaust with a stock one to correct the situation or an genuine aftermarket that would not challenge the warranty for any related engine damage or etc...just do be mindfully aware that dealerships have the power to report you to the make thru your VIN to actually make it extremely difficult if not all out preventing you from factory warranty if they report you to them & your modification and ask them to review your modification....that can take a while for them to determine but thats for people that do heavy modification....but an exhaust wouldnt eliminate your warranty completely just the EXHAUST part of it

·
Registered
425 Posts
It wont void the warranty... I have been to the dealer for service multiple times with no issues. What is the difference between doing the suitcase delete and buying an aftermarket muffler?? (sounds like a bad joke). the answer.. nothing but you saved $1600 and still didn't void a warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.