Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what are you all doing for rotor replacements? It looks like these are 2 piece rotors where you should be able to just replace the outer rotor. I’ve read on other forums that DBA makes them for other hellcats but not the Trackhawk. I’m aware that Demon has a rotor replacement but not looking to fork out $2,500.
Let me know what you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can’t find any information on OEM replacements. I’ll call the dealer today.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It seems crazy they put on a 2 piece rotor yet don’t sell just outer rotor ring when it comes time to replace forcing you to pay double. Defeats the whole purpose of a 2 piece rotor. I don’t get it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It seems crazy they put on a 2 piece rotor yet don’t sell just outer rotor ring when it comes time to replace forcing you to pay double. Defeats the whole purpose of a 2 piece rotor. I don’t get it.

I thought the point of a two (2) piece rotor was to eliminate thermal cracking of the braking surface by allowing differential expansion between the hot braking surface and the hub?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes of course that’s the main benefit but there’s also the economic upside of only needing to replace the outer ring/hardware when it comes time to replace vs the hub as well. I’ve used 2 piece rotors on all of my race cars and every manufacturer sells it that way. Even the Demon ones are setup to do that once you pay the upfront higher cost of the total rotor. Seems to be another fail on Jeeps part to think through this clearly with their supplier.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bought oem’s, get ready for sticker shock as they went up to $700/each

Mopar parts online, which is a dealership in Florida, still had them at original price of $520 each. Not sure how many they have left

·
Registered
529 Posts
Demon performance 2 piece rotor set for the TH sells replacement rings. I could not find a replacement ring for the oem hat myself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may have to go the Demon route vs the same price for OEM. I contacted DBA for the outer rings they sell for the hellcats. Doesn’t fit our cats and they are 6 to 9 months out for development of the Trackhawk options.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I may have to go the Demon route vs the same price for OEM. I contacted DBA for the outer rings they sell for the hellcats. Doesn’t fit our cats and they are 6 to 9 months out for development of the Trackhawk options.

Yes. Assuming they are as durable as the oem.

I’ve had some bad luck with other “light weight” performance rotors in the past.

Anyone know of actual use of these rotors on the TH?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought oem’s, get ready for sticker shock as they went up to $700/each

Mopar parts online, which is a dealership in Florida, still had them at original price of $520 each. Not sure how many they have left

Mike, do you know what the part number is for our 2 piece OEM rotors? It’s hard trying to find it amongst all the other ones.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I found them using that BR7 description code. 68256680AC

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
Calling the dealership to get the part number doesn’t work? They’ll search by VIN to make sure you get the right one, you don’t need to actually order through them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm late to the party but I just did the Demon rotor replacement with Racing Brake XT90 pads; just received upgraded braided brake lines but haven't put them on it. Highly recommend! They stop better than stock grip slightly better right now; will be better under load with better brake lines.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went ahead and went with the OEM replacements along with the Powerstop Z26 pads. You can find good deals on them out there and a good bit cheaper than the Demon ones. Plus if DBA makes the replacement rings in the next year for the OEM hubs that will probably be better in the long run.

I’m the hoping the Z26 pads have more bite than the Z23 pads. Right now I’m running the Powerstop Z23s and while no brake dust is great, they don’t have the initial bite you need to slow down abruptly from high speeds.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts