Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No problem there but good information. Are you pleased with the stopping performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
Hard to say. I bought them for the rear, hearing the fronts were being released very soon. Only problem is they only released the 23 in the front at the time. So I have 23 on front n 26 on rears but the 26 squeal for the first few stops of the day if it’s been outside. Just saw they have 26 for the fronts now so I’ll need to order some.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the 23’s going on the front.

I thought I heard that the 23 and 26 pad material was the same?. The shims are just different.

26 gets SS shims, hence the noise , while the 23 get rubber and metal shims.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have the 23’s going on the front.

I thought I heard that the 23 and 26 pad material was the same?. The shims are just different.

26 gets SS shims, hence the noise , while the 23 get rubber and metal shims.

That’s interesting, what does the shim have to do with improved bite or stopping performance?

·
Registered
529 Posts
That’s interesting, what does the shim have to do with improved bite or stopping performance?

From what I recall reading, nothing, it improves the heat holding ability of the pad, but let’s more noise from pad transfer into the car.

I’ll have to re read the stop tech website. That’s where I was reading it. I could very well to be wrong though ... lol

·
Super Moderator
1,670 Posts
Senior moments go both ways. Lol

I had no idea that’s the only difference. Thanks for bringing it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Agreed. Thanks for pointing that out. Had no idea. Will see if I feel any difference once installed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Looks nice. Any special hardware you needed. I know some manufacturers like Porsche, some of things like caliper bolts are one time use.

My rotors must be warped. Braking normally under 80 mph, I don’t feel much vibration. However at high speeds over 80 or 100, I get some pretty significant vibration from the front rotors. This weekend I did a cruise with a bunch of exotic car friends and we were doing speeds up to 145 and they were really vibrating when I hit the brake pedal. Hope there’s nothing else underneath the suspension causing that vibration but only happens at higher speeds above 80 or 90.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sorry Dguth, but I did not install them. But I don’t recall anything special as I have been present when a few hellcats were done.

And vibration at those speeds is not fun. Mine didn’t vibrate, they just stopped horribly with any speed above 100mph straight to zero. Not fun at a track or coming up to a red light after a little street battle.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts