Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just would like to hear from how many of you guys are now on the Run-Flats or Non Run-Flat Tires ?

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
188 Posts
Switched to Michelin AS 3+, also had to shop around to find OEM spare but I figured it was worth this difference once I bought first replacement tires, since most other tires are half the price of run flats. Have had 2 Chrysler SRT that don't even have spares at all, just a air pump with tire sealant. Never had a flat yet, but when traveling in the middle of nowhere it's nice to have a spare. If you buy Michelins and register the tires and have problem they will send tow truck for your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Had an experience in my GC summit 3 weeks ago. Run flats saved my life. Gave me enough to make it home and patch the hole up.
Lucky for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OE runflats. Once these are shot it's Michelins. I looked at AS4 all seasons but only 285x45-20. What Michelins are most getting?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have run a variety of tires on my SRT Jeep and now the Trackhawk. The Michelin AS3+ is by far the best overall - grip, ride comfort, noise all excellent and steering sharpness only a fraction behind the runflats. The Pirelli all season runflats would be a distant 2nd. General Grabbers excellent when new but they get loud as they wear. The older model PZero runflats dead last by a mile - they hydroplane like crazy although dry grip is great. I only have 5k miles on the Michelins now but none of the others lasted more than about 18k miles to the wear bars.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
188 Posts
OE runflats. Once these are shot it's Michelins. I looked at AS4 all seasons but only 285x45-20. What Michelins are most getting?
AS 3+ til they make right size AS 4

·
Registered
2018 ivory tri coat trackhawk
32 Posts
I still have the factory run flats on mine but I will be putting on new tires before the winter. Most likely the continental extreme contact all seasons. I had continentals with the same exact tread pattern on my Volvo S60R and they were good in snow, rain and dry weather.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I still have the factory run flats on mine but I will be putting on new tires before the winter. Most likely the continental extreme contact all seasons. I had continentals with the same exact tread pattern on my Volvo S60R and they were good in snow, rain and dry weather.
I currently have them, they are only good as ALL season, if you want to rip on track or some back roads, they're not for that. I went to Tail of the Dragon few months ago, half way thru the 11miles of the road, Continentals became like 'gel' and car became unstable, so I had to ride easy for the other half of 11miles. I know I know they're not for racing, but I wasn't even racing. I will try Michelin tires next time.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
64 Posts
I think the Michelin AS tires are a compromise, the TH should feel safe no matter how hard you drive it. The Pzero do a great job through the twisties but suck as overall tire quality because they become “out of round” very quickly.
The continentals 06DWS from what i have been able to find do not have “Y” speed rating only “W”. I like to run the TH through it’s paces at least once a month, so “Y” rating it is.
For now the only options are the Hankooks evo 3 and pirelli Pzero which are high performance tires with the right speed ratings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts