Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much oil the S&B filter that comes with the Legmaker intake takes after washing it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I’ve followed instructions from from a few air filter manufacturers, K & N, AFE, Green Filter, Airaid and they all seem to instruct the same, spray or apply oil lengthwise along the pleats leaving about an inch or so space between sections sprayed along the pleats, the oil or sprayed oil will spread and soak into the pleats and form a uniform coating. It takes a good bit of 10 min or so to do it so all pleats get oil soaked up and coated, let the filter sit for 20-30 min or so and then look it over and if you see some areas of the filter that are lighter In color then spray or dab the areas in question until you get a uniform color all around, a little bit at a time. A little bit goes a long way these instructions and technic ensure that you don’t over oil the filter.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I bought the S&B cleaning kit and their instructions are a little different. You go around the filter, not down the pleats and they say there’s a specific amount of oil to use for each filter and they give u a bottle with measuring marks on it. Ultimately I can just wing it but I figured I’d ask if anyone knows the recommended amount. Will probably email Legmaker n see if he’s got an answer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For anyone that hasn't already done so, I recommend those "Body Speed Nuts" that slip onto the Legmaker brackets for easy R&R of the cover and filter. Auto Zone has them. And rubber vacuum plugs for the 2 bracket screws to avoid drawing blood if you're reaching down there for any reason. $450 CAI with little lock washers and nuts not easy to reach??? Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I since decided to use the factory clamp at the snout and just need to find a matching clamp for the other end. The beefy clamps are more for the pressure side of an external blower to motor application. Cleaner install as well. I know, pretty anal...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts