Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the S1025 package is the flagship horsepower package. Not everybody has the ability to run E85 as it is not available to them. For this we developed the S975 package which runs on 93 octane gasoline and if need be we can tune for 91 octane rated gasoline also for the folks who do not have 93 octane gasoline available. This is for the big horsepower enthusiast that does not have E85 available and still retains excellent street manners and drive ability.

We start with
Livernois Motorsports EvenFlo Thermostat
Livernois Motorsports Powerstorm Supercharger Pulley
Innovators West Harmonic Balancer upgrade with O/D crank pulley
Innovators West Crankshaft Pinning Kit
Appropriate Length Serpentine Belt
Injector Dynamics ID1050X Upgraded Fuel Injectors
Livernois Motorsports PCM Unlocking Service
Modified transmission shift points and firmness
Livernois Motorsports Custom Dyno Tuning
Increased horsepower & torque (up to 200hp and 175tq with bundled offering)
Dyno proven air/fuel adjustments
Enhanced throttle response
Livernois Motorsports professional installation by our highly skilled technicians

Our customer Chris is now out and enjoying his additional amount of horsepower and torque.

Baseline #'s 593 hp and 582 lb ft of tq. after the upgrades 765 hp and 711 lb ft of tq. This is a gain of 172 hp and 129 lb ft of tq. to the tires.

https://youtu.be/hPORcu-4RTo

Enjoy and thank you for the continued support.
Sincerely
Scott
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
Cell 313-213-0273
E-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hi Scott,

As always thanks for your insights to fill “our need” the need for speed.

However, I am always frustrated with the firm requirements for octane. How am I to be able to travel the USA with a requirement for 93 when, for example I am driving in Colorado and only 91 is available? Will this cause major problems for the long term or no real problems for the short term?

Another item that interests me is a CAI. I read good things about your CAI, but what really makes it better? I read about other forum members adding additional “insulation” . Why not make it better from the start? (No real criticism more of a why not question).

Thanks as always.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Scott,

As always thanks for your insights to fill “our need” the need for speed.

However, I am always frustrated with the firm requirements for octane. How am I to be able to travel the USA with a requirement for 93 when, for example I am driving in Colorado and only 91 is available? Will this cause major problems for the long term or no real problems for the short term?

Another item that interests me is a CAI. I read good things about your CAI, but what really makes it better? I read about other forum members adding additional “insulation” . Why not make it better from the start? (No real criticism more of a why not question).

Thanks as always.
I would think that if you put 91 in the tank and you're on a 93 tune all you have to do is not beat on it until you have 93 back in the tank and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would think that if you put 91 in the tank and you're on a 93 tune all you have to do is not beat on it until you have 93 back in the tank and you'll be fine.

@Rez90, thanks for your opinion, however (and please don’t think I’m being a smart a$$) I really want to hear from Livernois, regarding my questions.
I want to know what if any issues I could expect if I am out on the road.
To others that may say stay stock. Yes, I know I can stay stock, but I really didn’t buy a TH to keep in my garage and not want to improve stock performance and not want to tour the states.
Perhaps I am asking too much.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@Rez90, thanks for your opinion, however (and please don’t think I’m being a smart a$$) I really want to hear from Livernois, regarding my questions.
I want to know what if any issues I could expect if I am out on the road.
To others that may say stay stock. Yes, I know I can stay stock, but I really didn’t buy a TH to keep in my garage and not want to improve stock performance and not want to tour the states.
Perhaps I am asking too much.

Thanks again.
I get it...and i take no offense.

i base my statement on the fact that i've had countless modified cars....and ended up at some point or another with the wrong fuel in them because you can't pump your own gas in NJ. Time and time again...with multiple performance shops i've gotten the same or very similar advice.

"You can drive it out and keep your foot in check or we can drain it for you...whatever you want to do".

And every time....i've driven them out...and never popped a motor.

332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentleman all I can say is it's great to be back and chatting with you guys.

Vaako the difference between 91 and 93 octane is pretty minimal and you could use 91 if needed. Now I would not go out and rage on the TrackHawk while the 91 octane gasoline is in it. Just drive it normal and if you were to get into some boost and there was some knock and the computer see's and recognizes this after some time it will take some timing away but the system has to see repetitive knock before it will pull timing out. Meaning that if it only see's knock once or twice it does not reduce timing and if you really start hammering it the timing will still be higher than what it should for the 91 octane and you do risk engine damage. Now this can go the other way also if you were running 91 and the timing self learned and adjusted for the lower octane gasoline and you now put 93 in it it will take some time for the vehicle to learn the opposite of adding timing. Bottom line these have an adaptive learning for knock and they can advance timing or take timing away based upon knock or no knock. Keep in mind this does take time for the adaptive learning it is not instantaneous.

Now onto the CAI. I really appreciate the interest in our products for the TrackHawk thank you. I do have some member who have bought the CAI and have added a heat barrier tape around the seems I do not know how much this helps but when you get to a certain caliber in the game any and all small steps add up and now shaving thousandths off a time becomes huge. One of the main reasons we do not include this in our kit's is a lot of our customer's are not looking for that and cost is another issue. Plus with the help of the community we work together to improve on something that is already awesome.

Rez90 you input is very valuable.

Thank you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Scott,

As always you are available to provide insightful answers to my questions and other forum members.

With what you stated then perhaps keeping a can or two of boostane
(thanks @bloodyhellhawk) to take along would be a valid solution.

Does that sound feasible?

Thanks

332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott,

As always you are available to provide insightful answers to my questions and other forum members.

With what you stated then perhaps keeping a can or two of boostane
(thanks @bloodyhellhawk) to take along would be a valid solution.

Does that sound feasible?

Thanks
Hey Vaako.

Thank you for all of the kind words I really appreciate all you and the community do for me and Livernois Motorsports you guys and gals are the best.

The old debate of octane booster and what it does. While this product was created and has a certain market it is not for a TrackHawk or really any other vehicle we do work on. Here are a few reason's and what can happen when using these products. On certain engines namely the direct injected gasoline engines this products gums up and causes coking on the intake valve and will eventually cause a deflection in the air path or swirling of fuel and air which will eventually rob horsepower and when it gets really bad the coking acts like a sponge and absorbs fuel molecules and we have even seen on really bad occasions you have to take and run a cleaning solution through the intake track to try and clean this.

Now on a port injection engine like a TrackHawk or this type of injection this stuff can gum up injectors causing spray pattern issues which robs horsepower and could even cause some lean conditions in certain cylinders and you now what that leads to.Also you have no way to test the octane rating of what you have after you put this stuff in your gas tank. While in theory it may raise the octane the other adverse affects are for surely not worth the risk along with the confidence level you may feel because in your mind you think your octane rating is good you go out and beat on it and well you know what happens when the octane rating is incorrect. You do not need a false sense of security that eventually leads to an engine failure.

Hope this helps
Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Scott

On this package you mention it can be tuned on 91 if need be. What are customers who are going that route getting for HP numbers? is reliability the same?

I notice that this kit has the 3.05 upper whereas the 1025 has the 2.85, does this mean the 1025 kit can't be on 91 octane? or you just use the 3.05 Pulley?

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
Hey Scott

On this package you mention it can be tuned on 91 if need be. What are customers who are going that route getting for HP numbers? is reliability the same?

I notice that this kit has the 3.05 upper whereas the 1025 has the 2.85, does this mean the 1025 kit can't be on 91 octane? or you just use the 3.05 Pulley?
same kit just uses the 305 pulley. I self branded it the C1025 (for Cali) I ended getting this a few hours ago and although mine will mostly run 91 I still went with the flex fuel kit as there are a few E85s around me and I can put it in when wanting or needed. HP difference is 35HP if I remember correctly between the 285 and 305 pulley

·
Registered
168 Posts
Scott, could a viable option be the S975 on a 93 octane tune and when/if you need to use 91 octane just put it in valet or eco mode?

Do those HP limiting modes “protect” from accidental pinging? I don’t understand how those feature work to limit the engines performance.

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
Scott, could a viable option be the S975 on a 93 octane tune and when/if you need to use 91 octane just put it in valet or eco mode?

Do those HP limiting modes “protect” from accidental pinging? I don’t understand how those feature work to limit the engines performance.
thats a damnn good question and I am interested in the reply also. it wont ever happen to me but still interesting

·
Registered
695 Posts
This seems like a good option for those that just want to stay on normal high test 93 grade fuel. My only concern would be the “go easy on it till the tank runs dry” when you’ve filled it up with 91 octane. I don’t know about you guys, but I doubt I’d be able to drive it 2-300 miles going easy on it. I’d be on the highway wanting to pass someone, and be WOT without even thinking about it.

332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good morning my fellow TrackHawk family.

Very good question but the answer is no. The stock valet or eco mode limits the TrackHawk to 1-2 lbs of boost and also has a power enrichment mode that's meant for that. With the pulley combo that's run on that it limits to around 8 lbs of boost and the power enrichment can not keep up so it actually would worsen that.

The safest bet would be to tune it on 91 octane if you are mostly limited to 91 or just want to play on the safest side of the octane table and if you can get 93 just put the 93 in it and eventually the timing will adjust to the 93 octane rated gas. Sure this may cost you a little hp but for someone who is using there TrackHawk as a daily driver I would give up some hp for safety especially on this platform.

Hope this helps
Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Scott... How reliable is this.... If I use my vehicle to tow... and drive often from NJ to Florida... Would you recommend this or some other package... You guys are a ten hour drive from me... But it seems you guys turn out some of the best hawks.!

332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Scott... How reliable is this.... If I use my vehicle to tow... and drive often from NJ to Florida... Would you recommend this or some other package... You guys are a ten hour drive from me... But it seems you guys turn out some of the best hawks.!
Hey John.

What are you towing? Enclosed trailer open trailer car motorcycle what travel trailer and about how much does it weigh?

This kit is reliable as can be and we do have some guys towing but nothing that's super heavy and nothing that far but get me this info and I can get with the engineers and make sure this would work for what you are doing.

Thank you for the interest in Livernois Motorsports products and services.

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
212 Posts
Open trailer.... Will have my corvette or my Subaru STi on it.... or two motorcycles.... Will be towing pretty far.

I have a Legmaker Intake, GThaus Exhuast with xpipe... Would maybe like some ARHeaders... Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
Open trailer.... Will have my corvette or my Subaru STi on it.... or two motorcycles.... Will be towing pretty far.

I have a Legmaker Intake, GThaus Exhuast with xpipe... Would maybe like some ARHeaders... Thanks!
bro you have to post a picture of your trailer. soon as my car is done being painted and I can get it to next shop I am selling mine to get the same kind you have. so bad ass I wish I knew about them before.

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
Anything for us California boys?
yes I named it the C1025 package its the S1025 package but 3.05 pulley. you can run 91 - E85 or any mix of the two. the bigger pulley isnt that much loss either I think 35HP Scott told me.
I got ECU back from Scott yesterday and taking to my shop today to slap it back in. ill let you know what I think.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts