Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions more about daily street driving than track or dyno.

1) Are there any reliability issues with long highway drives regarding temperature. I would assume not but just asking because I have owned many modded vehicles in the past and there always seems to be some gremlins. I will be moving to Tampa so heat/humidity are a daily occurrence that gave some of my previous modded cars problems

2) I didn't buy this vehicle for gas mileage but just curious what the larger injectors due to fuel consumption. I do drive long trips quite a bit and need to know how much more often I would be fueling up

3) What are the real world difference in performance on the street with the Performance pages readings 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Thanks
Bill

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
I think you aren’t sposed to tow anymore but that’s the only thing I’ve heard. Just finished putting the 1025 on mine so I don’t have any time with it to have an opinion yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Bill... there are guys seeing 0-60 going from 3.2-3.1 down to 2.6-2.7, all else being equal. :) As far as 1/4 mile... expect low-10s from the 975 or higher packages.

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
I have a few questions more about daily street driving than track or dyno.

1) Are there any reliability issues with long highway drives regarding temperature. I would assume not but just asking because I have owned many modded vehicles in the past and there always seems to be some gremlins. I will be moving to Tampa so heat/humidity are a daily occurrence that gave some of my previous modded cars problems

2) I didn't buy this vehicle for gas mileage but just curious what the larger injectors due to fuel consumption. I do drive long trips quite a bit and need to know how much more often I would be fueling up

3) What are the real world difference in performance on the street with the Performance pages readings 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Thanks
Bill
temp issues are typical the hotter it is the more timing is pulled. thats all cars but you are spinning the SC faster so it will be hotter.

on freeway gas mileage is pretty good I have seen 16-17 MPG compared to my 9.5 for street traffic driving MPG. the gas tank is small and I run E85 so I am at the gas station all the time. E85 burns faster then regular gas plus small tank sucks. hopefully your on 93 and it wont be as bad?

I dont know the 975 package so cant say times etc?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the S1025 package. The mileage has gone from high 12s to high 8s in a mix of city/highway driving. Trust me, it's going to hurt the wallet if you are going to do long trips.
I don't hammer it all the time nor do I drive it like a Prius to gain the best mileage. I am on E85 but tried 93 and did not get much better mileage.
I am in Naples FL, it's hot here and been taking it to the dragstrip twice a month. It's a blast but I would not be concerned with heat issues.
As others have said, I went from 3.1 to 2.6 0-60 and low 10s now in quarter mile (my license plate is LOW10S lol). It's an absolute blast but I would not have done it if I was going to do more than 500 miles per month with it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the S1025 package. The mileage has gone from high 12s to high 8s in a mix of city/highway driving. Trust me, it's going to hurt the wallet if you are going to do long trips.
I don't hammer it all the time nor do I drive it like a Prius to gain the best mileage. I am on E85 but tried 93 and did not get much better mileage.
I am in Naples FL, it's hot here and been taking it to the dragstrip twice a month. It's a blast but I would not be concerned with heat issues.
As others have said, I went from 3.1 to 2.6 0-60 and low 10s now in quarter mile (my license plate is LOW10S lol). It's an absolute blast but I would not have done it if I was going to do more than 500 miles per month with it.
Awesome! I cant even imagine what that is like. Tell me it is totally noticeable from stock to the 1025 package. and is there any sound difference with the pulley change to the super charger or the exhaust ( I wouldn't think this would change but im muffler delete ). My PCM is going for unlock Monday and the engine under the wrench on Aug 13th. Nobody should be concerned with gas mileage if they are doing this my guess us you'll get 220 miles out of a tank. I get 265/285 now depending on how I drive. pretty sad lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
I’ve only gone for a few short drives since I finished my S1025 and the power is very noticeable as is the whine. The whine is constantly present now at all RPMs. Exhaust seems to be a little louder too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Question what is the advantage if anything to the thermostat, what is our stock stat at and what is the best one to go with if I wanted to upgrade to?

·
Super Moderator
1,665 Posts
Just pop in a 180, my temps are lower than when it was stock power. You might want to look into the interchiller too. I didn’t get around to installing mine yet but I can’t wait.
Maybe someone else has a better answer but it seems like everyone goes with a 180 when they modify.

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
no plugs is that necessary?
IMO yes but I do not know exactly what parts your putting in.
if you bought the complete kit I would guess you dont need them as they would have them in the kit if you needed them. thats just a guess though. If you are putting parts together yourself Id def check into that.

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
title says you have the S975 package. if it didnt come with them you are fine. they would def add them if you did lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
yea i didnt author this thread, I am doing a similar build. Im doing lower pully 10% OD ( metco motorsports ) with ID 1050x injectors, ill add the tstat 180, custom tune.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did not notice any change in the SC noise with the mods as I already had put a legmaker on it. I do not believe the exhaust note is any different and that's why I have catless downpipes on order. If you do change the thermostat, make sure your tune accounts for it otherwise it's useless. I get barely over 200 miles on a full tank ;)

Awesome! I cant even imagine what that is like. Tell me it is totally noticeable from stock to the 1025 package. and is there any sound difference with the pulley change to the super charger or the exhaust ( I wouldn't think this would change but im muffler delete ). My PCM is going for unlock Monday and the engine under the wrench on Aug 13th. Nobody should be concerned with gas mileage if they are doing this my guess us you'll get 220 miles out of a tank. I get 265/285 now depending on how I drive. pretty sad lol.

·
Super Moderator
945 Posts
yea i didnt author this thread, I am doing a similar build. Im doing lower pully 10% OD ( metco motorsports ) with ID 1050x injectors, ill add the tstat 180, custom tune.
ok I checked the s975 package and they come with plugs. If I were you I would def get new plug and def find what they are gaped at. Very important on both.
your adding more fuel and if your stock plus cant ignite the fuel you can get miss fires or wont ignite at all. You do not want miss fire going WOT. plugs are not cheap but they are not a lot of money get them and find out what ones and gap (important)
I suck at explaining stuff but it is important ask around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like a great package. I will look you up emericr when I get to Tampa next year. It has been a long time since I have been to the Bradenton track running my old GNX. That ran 10's too. I just need to figure out the best way to get my vehicle to Livernois as I live in Portland OR now!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts